My wife and I spent a week at Wyndham Kingsgate Resort in Colonial Williamsburg in October 2012 and had a great time.The grounds and facilities are top notch and kept spotlessly clean. The staff are friendly and helpful. The one bedroom dondo was a good size except there was only 1 queen size bed and a pull out. The kitchen was ok with a two burner cook top, full fridge and a micro wave. The sink was barely adequate to wash dishes but how many dishes are you washing? The kitchen was along one wall with a two person eating area in/adjacent to the living room.
The only negative thing I have to say is the "free breakfast" aka the sales pitch to have you convert to a Wyndham timeshare plan. Unless you really want to hear it don't do it.The breakfast was ok but not worth the sales lecture by an egocentric "Doctor" of Wyndham. It was nice to see what the Governor's Green offered, also a Wyndham resort but pretty much a waste of a morning.But then the two free three day passes to Colonial Williamsburg compensated (saved $82). The sales ptch was not high pressure and we left with our breakfast,tour of the Governr's Green and our free passes with no hassle.
Colonial Williamsburg is interesting and worth a visit but really just another theme park. We visited Yorkton and Jonestown also and in doing so wound up on a free ferry ride across the Bay, very nice boat ride. The area is teeming with history if that's your thing. There's lots of good restaurants closeby as well as shopping malls. If you like buffets there's a Golden Corral very near.
You need a car to get around the area. It seems as though they built a city in the middle of a forest and left all the trees in place.
Visit Virginia Beach while you're there its about an hour's drive and a beautiful long beach and boardwalk (concrete boardwalk???) with shops and restaurants. Stop at the visitors centre as you go into the city its worth it. If you like jet aircraft Virginia Beach is good for watching F18's roar over every few minutes.
We'd go again to Williamsburg if only because the resort was so clean and friendly and the pools and spa were still open second week of October.The weather was low 70's/high 60's and sunny.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, AAA Travel Services, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, TravelClick, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Wyndham Kingsgate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wyndham Kingsgate Hotel Williamsburg
- Wyndham Hotel Williamsburg
- Wyndham Resort Williamsburg
- Fairfield Williamsburg Kingsgate
- Wyndham Williamsburg
- Kingsgate Resort Williamsburg Va
- Williamsburg Wyndham