“Very Convenient” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Kingsgate

You added Wyndham Kingsgate to your Saves list
Wyndham Kingsgate
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   619 Georgetown Crescent, Williamsburg, VA 23185 (Formerly Fairfield Williamsburg at Kingsgate Resort)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
15% Off
Ranked #28 of 79 Hotels in Williamsburg
GreenLeadersBronze level
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Very Convenient”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

This was our 3rd stay here. It is 5 minutes to the Colonial Williamsburg Visitors Center and 15 minutes to Busch Gardens and Water Country USA. There's a K-Mart just down the road and a grocery store 5 minutes away.

Yes, it can be noisy. You can hear people going up and down the stairs and walking in the unit above. However, the noise didn't bother us much. By the end of the day, we were all so tired we were falling asleep watching TV. Although we don't own here, we were able to get the same unit that we had in 2011. In the year since our last visit, the carpet had become visibly stained in the living room and should be replaced throughout the entire unit. The wing chair upholstery was also looking old and tired. The unit was clean and well stocked with towels. Also since our visit last year, additional plates and cutlery were added in the kitchen, there was enough for 8, so we didn't need to run the dishwasher as often. There were no dishcloths in the kitchen, which made wiping the table or stove hard to do. There is also no hand soap in the kitchen either. Ice cube trays would also be appreciated. We did have one problem with the dishwasher. The kitchen sink drain was running slow so we tried the garbage disposal-not working. We ran the dishwasher before we went out on Sunday morning. At 6pm when we returned the kitchen sink was filled with food particles. One call to the office and someone was there within 15-20 minutes to take care of the problem.

The pool area is well kept. There were plenty of chaise lounges. We did not take advantage of the other amenties (mini-golf, tennis courts, movies, etc).

The resort is so convenient and affordable that it is the ideal place for a family stay. We had breakfast in every day and most days either lunch or dinner in which saves alot of money.

• Liked — convenience to attractions
  • Disliked — kitchen needs a few things
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
Bowie, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Room was not ready until 2 hours after check-in time. When we finally got to the room, overall it was quite dusty and the bathrooms had hair all over the floor and an empty toilet paper roll behind the toilet. I call the front desk and complained, housekeeping came and cleaned the tub but left the empty toilet paper roll and hair. While it was a good value for two rooms, bring your own cleaning supplies!!!

In addition, you are subjected to a timeshare pitch just to get a parking pass! Not good!

Stafford, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

DO NOT Stay at this place! If I could give a negative rank – I would give it -5. Really thought it would be nice but….where do I start. Massive pressure sale to attend “60” minute presentation – wouldn’t give you the parking pass until you agreed. The room had a bad order, the master bedroom shower was covered in MOLD, the toilet was dirty and hair on the floor. No comforter on bed and the when you sit on the edge of the bed, you almost immediately roll to the center. Bed very uncomfortable, no support. Took COLD showers several times – was told it was the “Pilot Light” going out. The kitchen floor was gritty with sand and the sliding glass door did not have a handle to get back into room from outside. There was trash piled up in front of the building when we got there and three days later it was still there – only an animal had scattered all around the grounds. There is NO parking after 9pm – too many rooms, not enough spaces. People where double parking and blocking vehicles in – some just pulled up on the grass. Reported all this to front desk – they looked at me like I was crazy and did nothing about any of the problems!! It wasn’t their concern. This place is a DUMP, not worth the money and not worthy of carrying the Wyndham name. Will NEVER stay there again and will tell everyone I know who thinks of going to Williamsburg on vacation of small getaway to avoid this place.

Room Tip: Stay in another Hotel or Resort - Avoid this ONE!
Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Piscataway, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

Stay away from Wyndham Kingsgate like a plauge !!! This review is a little long but so were my wues over there.. if you want to avoid any pitfall read the full review....
My worst vacation experience. I drove for over 13 hours (struck in bumper to bumper on I-95) and reached there, the staff were not even welcoming. I have never seen any customer service people in hotel industry so stiff and unwelcoming... The place is OUTDATED and smells horrible in the hallway, the carpets in the rooms are so old and could have every possible bacteria you can imagine on it.. the decor is horrible and bathroom is so old that it even surpases some of the worst rental apartments in Central New Jersey.. Room service is unheard of.. I was supposed to say there for four days but I could not tolerate it for more than two days and the third day I was back and appreciated my clean home a million more times :).. so glad to be back. We were two kids and adults, 8 yr old and 6 month old kid.. I could literally have left my kid on the roads of some NY road and it may be cleaner than the carpets inside the apartment, it was that bad.
So I had to end up holding the kid in the hand all the time I was inside the room, which was not much anyway. We stayed in a single bedroom unit and the bed in the master bedroom was so small and so inconveinet to even sit on.. The rooms were also like miniature rooms and hardly any space to walk around. The pull out bed in the hall was a joke, the mattress was so old and when I sat on it the springs from the bottom hurt my back like carzy..Then the sides of the pull out bed was so horrible that it hurt our legs multiple times, absolutely no space in the room once you pull the bed out of the couch.. metal was protruding out of it and we had marks all over the legs trying to walk around. There was just one small coutner top with coffee maker and some cutleries, a small two stove electric gas on the other side and that was your kitchen in the hall:(.. it's pathetic they had to build such small units. Here is the kicker that made me get the hell out of the place asap.. on the second night at 10:00PM the celing suddenly started to get water and it started dripping in the hall.. I called the maintenance and it went to voice mail, called the front desk and they transfered me to maintenance again which went to voice mail, now I called them back and said listen, it's 10:00PM and I need someone now, not tomorrow, then they got someone on the phone.. Now the guy says oh I will have someone look at it, no time.. I waited for half hour no one showed up, now I call again and luckily he picks up and says OH, no one showed up.. let me page him again. I said I am done with this paging thing, call your guy on the phone and I will hold, I need them now and not after 2 hours as it was already 10:30 then, I had a 6 month old crying and 8 year old half asleep from all the walking at different attractions the whole day, I was bone tired myself.. then finally a guy shows up and says oh man it looks bad..... I said I know that, now do something.. he goes up stairs nothing found and then came back saying I don't know what it is :)..we need to open up the celing as the upstairs room is dry.
I said, Ok, i can't stay here so what are the options, then he goes let me find out and see if they give you another room.. luckily they had one, it was inconveienced to pick up all my luggage, load it in the car and move it to the next unit with the two kids but better than sleep in a room with water all over.. imagine that..now comes the bigger drama, I go there and find out the unit not cleaned properly, hair all over, trash can is broken and can't close, the pull out mattress is older than the one in the previous unit and it's so old even an homeless person would think twice before lying in it and when I took the blanket out to forget all that and still sleep the blanket was full of hair, not even washed.. that was the boiling point for me.. I called and blasted them.. someone came up again, this time much quicker though but the time was already 11:30 PM..he saw the condition and agreed how bad it was, I said this is nonsense for all the money I paid and he agreed. He was the best customer service man I met (Cliff was his name) in all the 3 days of stay, he brought me two new blankets, a brand new bed and apologized..He said he will note everything in the log and have the manager call me in the morning which the manager (Kevin) did.. Kevin said how sorry he was and will waive the $15 resort fee that they charged, big deal!!! I said it's not a big deal and he can keep it if he wants and they already looted me and made me suffer for 3 days anyway.. I said I had enough with you and saying that packed my bags and left ahead of time.. I will never ever stay in any of Wyndham resorts from now, not just Kingsgate.. It was my worst vacation experince ever!!!! Oh BTW, the walls are so thin that when someone whisper in the other room you can hear that.. kids were running all around my next door and I could hear it all like cannon blasting in my ear... unbearable..
They have a small swiming pool, small game room, the restaurant at the site is horrible and over priced.. I never used any of the facilities anyway but the Tennis Court did look good from the outside... They charge you $5 per day for using those facilities which many of them never use anyway...
Terrible is a the best possible way to explain my stay there and my vacation was ruined.. thanks to Wyndham and Kingsgate more specifically...

Room Tip: Never ever stay there...Rooms are horrible.
Woodbridge, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

I stayed at the Wyndham Kinggate this pass weekend and had a good time. The room was clean, had plenty of towels and the room was spacious. I had a problem with the lights and I called maintenance and they were there in 10 minutes to fixed the problem. Check in was great and Ross was excellent. The timeshare have a lot of ameneties to choose from. I just did not have enough time to enjoy them since I came up here to relax and go shopping. I am looking forward to coming again in the future.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012 via mobile

We had a two room condo and it was excellent. The staff was courteous and helpful whenever we requested. Never had or was asked to watch a presentation as some have said. Would go back again. Very many nice amenities.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

Rooms were spacious and clean. Location not bad to all the activities. We arrived after 8pm on a Friday and were exhausted. Had to get timeshare pitch to get parking pass. Took almost a half hour of saying NO before they let us go. Not sure would stay there again because of this.

• Stayed August 2012