We just got back from a week-long stay. We loved this place!
We chose a first-floor unit, because, while I thought we may hear people above us if we were on the first floor, we would DEFINITELY have to walk up and down stairs over and over if we were on the third floor. We heard very little noise above us, and it was very nice, after a long, exhausting day, to NOT have to walk up to the second or third floor!
We loved the adult-only pool. Very nice to not have kids splashing constantly. In fact, most days, we enjoyed sitting in the pool, on ledges built-in the sides of the pool, with a cool beverage in one hand, and a cheap paper back novel in the other!
There is a lovely, well-maintained mini golf course, nice tennis courts and a small playground. I played a quick round of golf early in the morning. This, by the way, is the best time to take advantage of the free golf and the free games in the arcade room: early mornings! No one was around then. Evenings, the golf and arcade rooms were ABSOLUTELY PACKED!! We would hang out in the adult pool then.
(By the way, my daughter is almost 17, she went in the adult pool all week, and was never challenged. I didn't mind, because I know she just wanted to cool down, not splash everyone else.)
We usually went to a tourist location in the morning, came back to the room to eat lunch, we then swam in the adult pool for a few hours, and returned to either the same tourist spot, or a different one for the evening. Worked out great.
We did not mind not getting clean towels all week, we would rather the resort save money. We used the washer and dryer, and were glad to have it!
There was a restaurant, I believe? Don't know, we didn't use it. We didn't buy drinks or food at the pool bar, either. We brought our own drinks and mixers, and mixed our own drinks to drink at the pool, rather than spend $7-$8 each at the pool bar.
Everyone was very cheerful and friendly. This was a wonderful place, I'd happily go back next year.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Odigeo, Hotels.com and getaroom.com so you can book your Wyndham Kingsgate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wyndham Kingsgate Hotel Williamsburg
- Wyndham Hotel Williamsburg
- Wyndham Resort Williamsburg
- Fairfield Williamsburg Kingsgate
- Wyndham Williamsburg
- Kingsgate Resort Williamsburg Va
- Williamsburg Wyndham