“Local but learned a lot.” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 53 Activities in Williamsburg
More attraction details
Owner description: Allow us to provide complete tours of Colonial Williamsburg, Jamestowne and Yorktown with your particular interest in mind at the best prices of all tour companies in this area.
“Local but learned a lot.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

Charles,
I have lived in Williamsburg for 25 years and learned more interesting things about the history of my town from you in one tour than I had in all the years before.
Mike Hinrichs

Visited July 2013

Durham, North Carolina
“Our Getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

My partner and I enjoyed the tour so much we are thinking about the purchase of a timeshare. Very knowledgeable and attentive staff.

Visited August 2012
Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
5 attraction reviews
“Wish I could give a review!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

MAKE SURE YOU GET CONFIRMATION IN WRITING!!! The first day of our Colonial Williamsburg Vacation we were supposed to meet up with Charles Falls for a tour at 10AM. As always we arrived early and waited but Charles did not arrive. I had emailed Charles several times and Charles called me a week or two before our trip at which time we set up the date, time, and price for the tour we wanted. After waiting till 10:20AM for Charles to arrive I used my phone to again email Charles. We waited 5 more minutes and left. The only reason I am giving a rating of 2 is that almost immediately Charles returned my email and called us. He the stated that we had never set up a time or date but after reminding him of our phone conversation he apologized and wanted to try and make it up to us and set up something for a different time. By this time we were completely frustrated however and just decided to do our own thing and we had a great time in Colonial Williamsburg despite not having the tour. If you decide to use this company make sure to get confirmation!!!

Visited June 2013
Florida
8 attraction reviews
“Exactly what we wanted”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

I took a trip to Williamsburg with my extended family--10 of us, 6 adults, 4 children-- ranging in age from 12-67 yrs. We wanted to an evening "Ghost Tour" but did not want anything too scary (we had a few wimps among us.) Thanks to Tripadvisor, I found Charles Falls and Williamsburg Colonial Tours. I contacted him and explained what we were looking for--and he said he could meet our needs. Bottom line--he did! We got a private tour (just the 10 of us) for a price cheaper than the "herd tours" where there are like 40 participants. AND This was tailored to our specific "wants/needs." As we walked through CW, he told us interesting historical facts, legends and ghost stories. He watched my daughter's reactions to the ghost stories (the biggest wimp in the group) and adjusted accordingly--which he did such a great job of telling the stories and making her laugh--she was perfectly fine. It is hard to explain here, but it was at the exact "level" we needed it to be. All while being extremely entertaining. All 10 of us really enjoyed it and agreed it was one of the best things we did during our week-long stay. I would definitely recommend this for anyone thinking about doing a Ghost Tour--no matter what your "bravery status" is :-)

Visited June 2013
Greensburg, Pennsylvania
15 attraction reviews
“A nice place to be”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

An amazing place to be. All of the tour guides are really nice and really know what their talking about.

Visited May 2013