“Great place!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn Williamsburg

You added Red Roof Inn Williamsburg to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Williamsburg
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   824 Capitol Landing Road, Williamsburg, VA 23185 (Formerly Royal Inn Williamsburg - Busch Gardens)   |
Ranked #48 of 79 Hotels in Williamsburg
“Great place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

The staff was very helpful...rooms were clean and the location was only minutes away from shops and amusement parks. This room was also very affordable...we were not expecting much for the price but were very suprised with the quality of the room. Will stay here again!

• Stayed August 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Jamaica, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Due to poor conditions at another hotel in Williamsburg, my family and I had to find another hotel late at night and fairly quick within the same area we were visiting. We found the Red Roof Inn in Williamsburg, VA accommodations great and affordable. The customer service provided by the hotel manager Victory and staff at the front desk and throughout our stay were excellent. I would recommend this Inn to others visiting Williamsburg, VA.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Waynesboro, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay there. The motel had just changed over to a Red Roof inn. The rooms were clean, staff was very friendly. It was just like a home away from home. My room had a flat screen TV, coffee maker, iron and ironing board. The rooms are huge, there were four of us and a little dog and we had plenty of room. The kids loved the pool and I loved the continental breakfast. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
State College, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

I came here to vacation with my family a few weeks ago, and I was looking for an affordable place to stay. Since I was traveling with my 3 year old child, my room had to be very clean. The room was VERY CLEAN, and the staff/service was nice and friendly.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Picayune, Mississippi
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Picked up brochure at rest area advertising $49. Hotel clerk charged 95.00. Person behind me paid $55. Unsure why I was charged more than the person behind me. Continental breakfast. Coffee pot broken. Did not have a toaster. Orange juice was hot. Had strange notes that made you feel uncomfortable. "Do not take breakfast to your room". Overall terrible experience even for a bargain hunter.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

My girlfriend and I originally made a rez through hotwire for 2 days then realized we should go a day earlier. We booked again through hotwire and got a different hotel (Royal Inn) than our first booking which was Knights inn. we stayed at the Royall inn and we were wowed from the start. The owner is on site ( a good thing, keeps things in order and the way he likes) we checked in out room and saw a microwave, refrigerator, a desk, flat screen TV, safe and a coffee maker. First words out of my girlfriend's mouth were " wow, some of this stuff you don't even get in an A.C. (Atlantic City) hotel and you pay way more". I couldn't agree more. Even though it was through hotwire Royal Inn's rate was still $50 a night. the stay was a like home feel and comfortable. the breakfast had fresh danish's and muffins. We didn't want to leave. Sadly we had to go to our original booking to Knights Inn (please never stay there!) We checked into our room we actually got KEYS(shoulda known then), the room had a tube TV and a dresser which the drawers didn't open. nothing was fresh. the AC unit went on and off through the night along with a train that went by 4x and woke us up like from the movie "my cousin vinny". I took the lost for the night right? well No I figured $45 for knights inn and I'd pay an extra 50 to go back to Royal inn which was woth it. Hence my Title. I'd pay 90 a nigt for inn. I called Royal Inn up and they had another room available, we went back and had a great night sleep and a homey feel. Victor is the owner of Royall Inn and you should also know that the name will change July 31st 2013 to Red roof Inn and Victor said the price would not change, either way I'd still stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Cary, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

I can only speak for room 126. It was fairly clean, very large for $50.00/night room, painted nice etc... Had a nice desk, table with 2 chairs and a nice wing chair. Had an iron, ironing board, microwave and fridge. Overall much more than I expected based on the price and other reviews on this site. I saved the best for last. The beds were absolutely awesome, as good or better than any hotel bed I've ever slept on. For sub $50/night the room was very nice.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Red Roof Inn Williamsburg? Share your experiences!