“Nothing Royal About This Inn” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn Williamsburg

You added Red Roof Inn Williamsburg to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Williamsburg
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   824 Capitol Landing Road, Williamsburg, VA 23185 (Formerly Royal Inn Williamsburg - Busch Gardens)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #51 of 79 Hotels in Williamsburg
Picayune, Mississippi
“Nothing Royal About This Inn”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Picked up brochure at rest area advertising $49. Hotel clerk charged 95.00. Person behind me paid $55. Unsure why I was charged more than the person behind me. Continental breakfast. Coffee pot broken. Did not have a toaster. Orange juice was hot. Had strange notes that made you feel uncomfortable. "Do not take breakfast to your room". Overall terrible experience even for a bargain hunter.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

My girlfriend and I originally made a rez through hotwire for 2 days then realized we should go a day earlier. We booked again through hotwire and got a different hotel (Royal Inn) than our first booking which was Knights inn. we stayed at the Royall inn and we were wowed from the start. The owner is on site ( a good thing, keeps things in order and the way he likes) we checked in out room and saw a microwave, refrigerator, a desk, flat screen TV, safe and a coffee maker. First words out of my girlfriend's mouth were " wow, some of this stuff you don't even get in an A.C. (Atlantic City) hotel and you pay way more". I couldn't agree more. Even though it was through hotwire Royal Inn's rate was still $50 a night. the stay was a like home feel and comfortable. the breakfast had fresh danish's and muffins. We didn't want to leave. Sadly we had to go to our original booking to Knights Inn (please never stay there!) We checked into our room we actually got KEYS(shoulda known then), the room had a tube TV and a dresser which the drawers didn't open. nothing was fresh. the AC unit went on and off through the night along with a train that went by 4x and woke us up like from the movie "my cousin vinny". I took the lost for the night right? well No I figured $45 for knights inn and I'd pay an extra 50 to go back to Royal inn which was woth it. Hence my Title. I'd pay 90 a nigt for inn. I called Royal Inn up and they had another room available, we went back and had a great night sleep and a homey feel. Victor is the owner of Royall Inn and you should also know that the name will change July 31st 2013 to Red roof Inn and Victor said the price would not change, either way I'd still stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Cary, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

I can only speak for room 126. It was fairly clean, very large for $50.00/night room, painted nice etc... Had a nice desk, table with 2 chairs and a nice wing chair. Had an iron, ironing board, microwave and fridge. Overall much more than I expected based on the price and other reviews on this site. I saved the best for last. The beds were absolutely awesome, as good or better than any hotel bed I've ever slept on. For sub $50/night the room was very nice.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Lecanto, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

We stayed one night and we were very pleased with our stay. Yes its older and is need of some upgrades which by the way the manager Victor said were in the works! I slept like a baby, it was quiet and my bed was comfy. It smelled nice and it even had a desk so I didn't have to hold my laptop on my lap! The price for our budget was perfect! Victor and his wife are so sweet and very good at what they do! If you want to visit Williamsburg stay here!

Room Tip: Make sure you deal with Victor he is awesome!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Boca Raton, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2012

For a special $30 rate what more could I have expected. The rooms were clean and location was great. Staff was also friendly. Will go back when traveling through Williamsburg.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Chesapeake, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

this palce is nasty phones werent working trash piles everywhere cable was unplugged and told us to fix it.carpets were dirty and the kicker was a tampon aplicator behind the bed.they gave us our money back but acted like we were crazy go some where else

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Appleton, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2011

The woman at the desk was nice and helpful, the staff was good too, they gave us extra towels when we asked. The smell wasn't good, smelled like smoke when we entered, good thing we had febreeze. Didn't feel the most safe but there were other out of state cars in the parking lot. No inside corridor. The air-conditioning worked very well.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Red Roof Inn Williamsburg? Share your experiences!