Stayed six nights at this location and thought it was a nice property. Some of the front desk staff was a little bit cool for my taste, excepting a couple of folks who were proactively friendly. Room was very good, bed was uber-comfortable as is typical for this chain, and housekeeping was excellent. The pool and exercise areas were clean, well lit, and pleasant.
The hotel is centrally located and there are a lot of good (and a few less-than-optimal) choices for food and entertainment within reasonable walking distance, in addition to all of the historic areas which are a short drive away. Location was a plus for this property.
About five o'clock one evening late in my stay, the power went out in the city for a little over twelve hours following a storm. The hotel had no backup power beyond battery-powered emergency lighting that lasted a couple of hours. Then it got crazy dark. The hotel staff put chemlights in the hallways and handed out small flashlights, so I think it was handled well at the local level, but a small backup generator to power essential services and emergency lighting doesn't seem unreasonable for a hotel at this price point.
Of course, one rarely uses the stairwells in a multi-story hotel, but the power outage forced everyone to use them. At the bottom of the stairwell, I found about 10 mattresses tucked under the lowest landing. Combustible material under stairs is a big no-no under most fire codes as it can catch fire and block emergency evacuation routes.
Lastly, and of minor importance, there was a strange and persistent smell (funky-body?) all week in the hallway between the front desk and the elevators. It wasn’t a show stopper but wasn’t very pleasant and should be addressed.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Williamsburg Hotel Williamsburg
- Hilton Garden Inn Williamsburg Hotel
- Williamsburg Hilton Garden Inn
- Hilton Williamsburg
- Williamsburg Hilton
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Guests traveling to Williamsburg for leisure can enjoy our hotel's close proximity to a range of exciting area attractions. At the Hilton Garden Inn hotel guests will find everything required for a comfortable and memorable stay. One King or two Double Beds Large work desk with ergonomic chair Microwave, refrigerator and coffee maker Iron, ironing board and hairdryer Complimentary high-speed, wireless Internet access ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, AAA Travel Services, Hilton Hotels, Travelocity, Expedia and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Williamsburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.