“Great Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 78 Hotels in Williamsburg
Lynchburg, Virginia
“Great Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

This hotel is in a great location and is reasonably priced, rooms are great and also staff is great! They will be getting a bar later in the year, but hotel is near all the popular restaurants and shops in the Colonial and New Town Williamsburg area.

Room Tip: Request a Junior Suite if you like space.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
hgiwilliamsburg, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Williamsburg, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Thank you for reviewing your current stay with us. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are planning on have the bar put in around November/December. However, we do have beer and wine on sale from our pantry. Also, we have a complimentary wine tasting every Wednesday night in our lobby. We hope that you will stay with us again your next trip to Williamsburg.

Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Manassas, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

Clean room, friendly staff and a great location! Highly recommend. We enjoyed a nice, reasonably priced bottle of wine sold in their food pantry too:) The wine along with the yummy cookies were greatly appreciated after a long trip on 95.

• Stayed April 2013
hgiwilliamsburg, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Williamsburg, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
Thank you for your review about your recent stay with us. It is alwasy nice to hear from our guests and know that you enjoyed your stay with us. It was a pleasure having you as our guest and hope that you stay with us again in the future.

Sincererly,

Concord, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

My daughter and I were on a college visit, needed a hotel close to Williamsburg, and this fit the bill. Staff was welcoming, room was clean, amenities were lovely, and the breakfast was hot, delicious, and made to order. We only stayed the one night, but it was a very pleasant experience.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. If your daughter decides to go to William and Mary, we hope you will continue to stay with us when visiting.

Assistance General Manager
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

My daughter and I stayed here last week during spring break. The front desk clerks were very friendly and helpful. The room was spacious and clean. Breakfast was great and the hostess and waitresses were wonderful. It's in a great location, too!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
hgiwilliamsburg, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Williamsburg, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed everything from our rooms to our breakfast to our staff members. It is always nice to hear when our guests have a pleasant stay. We hope to see you again in the future.

Raleigh, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

I booked this rate online and within 30 minutes realized I booked at the wrong hotel. When I called the Hotel I was transferred to the GM - while it was my fault for not reading the terms and understanding them fully the GM was not friendly or helpful at all after I explained my situation. Basically stated I was SOL - $380 bucks for a stay I would never complete. Isn't this theft? No, cause it was in the terms and you accepted them.... Instead of providing me with the corporate number to call and fix it she left me hanging and I had to go slog through the legaleaze to get to a number I could call to get straightened out! I will never stay at this hotel and will tell all of my friends and family to never stay there as well. Thanks for nothing!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
hgiwilliamsburg, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Williamsburg, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We do our best to provide our guests a comprehensive list of booking options. With the exception of the “Advance Purchase Rate”, which has the lowest rate and is non-refundable, we offer a 48 hour cancellation policy. I apologize for any misunderstanding that occurred during our conversation. It was not my intention to come across as being unhelpful or unfriendly, as I was trying to explain to you that the hotel cannot make any changes to an advance purchase reservation and that you would have to contact our corporate office. I hope that our corporate office was able to refund the money or transfer the reservation to the correct hotel.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

We just returned from a family weekend in Williamsburg VA where we visited William and Mary College and also Colonial Williamsburg. This hotel has a great location on Richmond Avenue close to restaurants and even a drug store. We opted for a bed and breakfast which included their buffet breakfast. Otherwise it cost $9 which was still a great value. The quality of the food was excellent. Even though very crowded, Edith did a great job keeping the line moving, so the wait for a table was no more than 10 minutes. Service was terrific. Folks were very nice. Room was clean. We were place in a room right by the elevators and I thought it would be loud. Not so. One criticism: the quality of the beds was not great and they sagged a bit in the middle.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
hgiwilliamsburg, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Williamsburg, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Thank you for posting a review about your current stay with us. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for recognizing Edith in the All American Grill. It is always nice to hear that our staff members are going above and beyond for our guests. It was a pleasure having you as our guest and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

From start to finish, the service and facility is excellent.

Even while they were renovating their entire lobby (completed in only days and it looks GREAT!), you could barely notice as they kept the entrance clean and organized.

After my check out, I threw out some medicine in my room and Ralph called just to make sure it was on purpose. And that was after only five minutes of leaving! Amazing!!!

I will be staying again and would recommend that you do so as well.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for posting a review about your current stay with us. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am glad that you enjoyed the changes that we have currently made to our lobby. We are currently only 50% done with the renovation and are excited about the rest of the changes that will be made in the future. Thank you for recognizing Ralph at the front desk. It is always nice to hear that our staff members are going above and beyond for our guests. It was a pleasure having you as our guest and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Assistant General Manager

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Williamsburg? Share your experiences!