“Loud” 3 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
MA
“Loud”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Stayed in a corner room for 2 nights. Room was spacious but there were stains on carpet and sofa. There were several student groups staying and they were very loud. Girls up very late and being noisy and they were awake very early and yelling outside our room. I spoke to someone at the desk but they didn't seem concerned. Breakfast was pretty minimal. Hotel is in a good location near shops restaurants and attractions.

Stayed April 2015

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My family and I visited Williamsburg over Spring break. We stayed here for three nights. The staff was beyond accommodating. The room was spacious and clean. The location is excellent. I would definitely stay here again on our next visit. I highly recommend Springhill Suites.

Stayed April 2015
High Point, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My family and I stayed at the SpringHill Suites in July 2014, in celebration of our 1 year wedding anniversary. Our stay was horrible: dirty room, poor customer service in front desk staff, sub-standard wifi, disruptive kids in fitness center. We spoke with the Area GM at the time and he assured us (in person and in writing) that he would comp us a stay at the Residence Inn for our next trip. Well when the time came, we found out he was no longer the GM. I tried to contact the current GM to explain that we would be in the area and would like to use our comp stay. The new Area GM NEVER returned my calls after repeated attempts.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
sharolyn f, Manager at SpringHill Suites Williamsburg, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear April,

I would like to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced last year and the lack of follow-up as a result of this year's managerial changes. I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss the matter with you further. I may be contacted at 757-941-3000. I look forward to speaking with you.

Regards,
Syracuse
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stayed at the SpringHill Suites over April break and we couldn't have been happier! The lobby was super clean and spacious as we walked in. This is not a giant hotel so no matter what room you have you are pretty much close to everything. The Elevators are located in the middle of the building, with stairs on either end. We were on the 4th floor and my boys chose to take the stairs every time! We had room 431. It was on the very end and it was perfect. There were 2 queen beds and a pull out couch. Two tv's and a spacious little kitchen! There was enough room for us all to spread out and keep our things organized. Each day our room was cleaned and beds were made. I found the rooms very clean! The beds were comfy, too. The shower could have used some updating, but nothing to complain about. There was a rip in the screen of our window, but since we didn't open our windows- it didn't matter much to us.

The pool was small and, according to my boys, a little cool. However, it was totally fine for my kids- 12,10, and 8- and certainly didn't stop them from swimming for 2 hours. If you are an adult looking for a leisurely swim- this is not the place. Again, it was perfect for my boys. It was open till 11:00pm and they were there until then! It was great for the kids to have another thing to do after dinner besides sit in our room. I did not go in the pool, but it looked pretty clean and the kids had no complaints. The spa was open the whole time, too. The kids went back and forth between that and the pool. There were a LOT of kids there, and no one seemed to complain about anything!

The free breakfast was great! It was crowded every morning, but they had two women working very hard at replenishing everything. If something was out, it usually was restocked in a matter of minutes. They had the typical cereal and fruit fare, along with bagels, breads, eggs, meat and a waffle station! The waffle station had 3 waffle irons and they were about 3 minutes each waffle- so there was some wait time. They were delicious! 4 kinds of juices, milk and bottomless coffee. It was a great free breakfasts!

The location was (for lack of a better word) perfect for us! We were right on Richmond Road which was the major road for a lot of restaurants, hotels, and shopping. We went to Colonial Williamsburg and that was about a 5 minute drive. We went to Busch Gardens and that was about 15 minute drive. Everything is very easy to get to and the front desk staff was very helpful if you had any questions.

Room Tip: Corner room was spacious and quiet!
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

we spent two nights there. The place was nice and lean, and it comes with with free breakfast in the lobby (can be crowded in the morning).
The Wi-Fi was not functional most of the time so I switched my phone to mobile.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We booked our one night stay on line. We're Marriott members - traditionally try to stay within the brand and usually book rooms with appropriate space for parents and a teenage and a pre-teen kid.

Our booking was for the Thursday prior to Easter weekend - right in the middle of Spring Break. When we arrived at the hotel for a late check-in at 10:45 pm - we were told that they were overbooked. The were willing to put us up in a different hotel free of charge. Unfortunately, the only room available was not comparable or G-d - forbid an upgrade. It was at a lesser hotel with 2 full beds rather than the 2 queen with sofabed suite that I had booked. The assistant manager said she was sorry but, that with it being Spring Break that was all she could do.

We chose to leave... figuring we'd head in the direction of home and staynear Richmond (1 hour away) I called Marriott membership and they filed my complaint but, said that any further assistance would have to come from the Springhill Suites Manager. I was told to expect a call - which never came.

At 11pm at night I drove off with my two kids exhausted in search of sleeping accommodations. I'm happy to say that the Courtyard Marriott in Glen Allen, VA (about 40 minutes away) had availability and were very helpful.

While the Springhill Suites in Williamsburg looked great - The management there handled the situation horribly and were really inadequate.

Beware of your reservation during a busy time - you may SOL.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Clarksburg, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The staff at the front desk was pleasant during our stay and the room was acceptable.
The corner suite gives you 100 sq feet of extra space that could be used for kids in sleeping bags as it had no other use. I guess you could sleep 7 with the sofa bed.

The breakfast was typical of the brand. Vat eggs and some sort of meat. My wife was appalled at the turkey "Canadian" bacon. I mean, why bother. The sausage was another story. Again, passed. Unless it is cooked for you at these places, why bother. I know I just repeated myself, but again.....

This is the first bathroom I've ever been in with a LEFT handed toilet flush. Just a little extra surprise. Must have gotten a discount at Big Lots.

Room Tip: Corner suite
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
HHMLP-Mgt W, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Williamsburg, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear BCM1225,
Please accept our apologies that you encountered some challanges during your stay. Your comments have been passed along to management so we can better serve our guests in the future. If you'd like to discuss further, please do not hesitate to contac us.

Been to SpringHill Suites Williamsburg? Share your experiences!