“Excellent Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Pennsylvania
“Excellent Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2008

There was three adults and three kids ages 8, 6 and 21 months and we had a fabulous week. We had two queen size beds and a couch that pulled out to queen size. There was a mini fridge and freezer and microwave, coffeepot etc in room. We had plenty of room to move around and the pool was great. Terrific continental breakfast every morning--cereal, eggs, sausage, bacon, waffles you make yourself, yogurt, coffee, juice, toast, english muffins, bagels and sweet rolls. Staff in entire hotel was wonderful very friendly and exceptionally helpful. Located in convenient area and far enough off road to not be noisy. Very calm, peaceful place to stay. Air conditioning felt great after day in sun. Convenient for Busch Gardens, Colonial Williamsburg, Jamestown and excellent for outlet shopping. Check out Williamsburg Pottery its more than what you think. Would definitely return there and hope we do.

• Liked — Friendly helpful staff
  • Disliked — Nothing
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Greenville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2008

I was a little nervous after reading some of the reviews, but we found the hotel to be great. My husband and my two sons and I had a wonderful time. Room was comfy, beds slept great and the breakfast was really nice and started our days off great. It was convenient to many restaurants, walking distance for many, and only a short drive to Busch Gardens/Watercountry. I would definitely stay again.

• Liked — Location/comforts
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Temecula, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2008

My wife and three children stayed here in the middle of June. The hotel upgraded us upon request. THe rooms are nice, I would agree with some of the previous reviews about the size of the rooms. You get what you pay for and for a $100 a night and being able to stay in a safe place that provides breakfast, I feel I got a bargain. The pool was nice. The breakfast was eggs and waffles or pancakes every morning and a wide assortment. You are only a few minutes to all of the attractions. There are also numerous eating places within walking distance. This was a great hotel. The staff was great and my children loved it here. We spent three days here and we would do it again. Again, if you are looking to spread out, this is not the hotel for you. My family of five slept well every night and enjoyed the breakfast and pool.

Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
Pittsburgh Area
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2008

My family of 5 stayed in a Q/Q suite from July 2 - 5, 2008. When I booked, I had hoped that some of the negative reviews were exaggerated
....they were not. We were in room 413. I will say that the bedding was clean - but the overall appearance of the room is that it is really in need of a deep cleaning of the carpet (yuck) and the ceramic floor in the bathroom and an some general housekeeping (we could write our names in the dust on the tv and dressers). The carpets in the hallways were really dirty..and the walls in the hallways were marked up - and again - just in need of a real scrub down.

Be sure to book a room AS FAR FROM THE ELEVATORS AND ICE MACHINE AS POSSIBLE. Those poor folks had such a bad location - for that - I WOULD have checked out.

Oh - and please don't plan to use the sofa bed as a bed. Just not possible. We had to go out to WalMart to buy an air mattress to use on top of the sofa bed. I asked the front desk if they had any solutions - surely they've heard of this before - but they could only offer an extra blanket.

Sorry to say that I can't even give the breakfast set up rave reviews. The food was OK - when you could get any. In the three mornings that we were there - the cereals were nearly always empty (except for raisin bran) - the cut fruit bin in the cooler never had more than a scoop of fruit available - but MOST disappointing was that on all 3 mornings - there was NO regular coffee in the decanter. On the 3 morning - I waited for it to be refilled - but what was there was tasted as though it was from the bottom of a burned pot of coffee. I went back to my room and made a small pot in that which is provided in our room....not big on that though as you are never quite certain how well the cleaning staff CLEANS the coffee pot and cups from the previous users.

The hot tub/jacuzzi in the pool area was shut down and roped off during our vist. We only do a walk thru to see the pool - which was small - but probably OK to get wet.

We got onto the elevator with one member of the cleaning staff who must have had a problem w/gas - and was not expecting anybody else to step into the elevator with her. Enough said on THAT ONE!

The good: the staff at the front desk were very nice and my 10 year old appreciated the bowl of lollypops that were on the front desk for the first day or two. The beds had a wide variety of pillows available some were very nice (though we bring our own).

I am really not somebody that is hard to please - We typically pick Marriott hotels because they can be reliable for quality. I would have just expected a little more. I could be way more forgiving if I had my hot coffee in the morning - and the hotel was very clean.

• Liked — Hmmmm.... the location was OK and the front desk staff were nice
  • Disliked — It REALLY needs a good cleaning - and FRESH HOT COFFEE available in the morning
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2008

Smelly. The staff was polite enough but the property is well used; actually ridden hard. Could use a good scrubbing. Has window unit A/C, odd in a "higher end" hotel.

• Liked — free breakfast, location
  • Disliked — smelly!
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2008

We recently stayed at SpringHill Suites while on a class field trip to Williamsburg. Not only were the staff very competent in handling such large groups, but the rooms were very comfortable (nice mattresses!) and clean! Trust me, I'm a neat freak, typically traveling with some type of cleaner to do a once-over, and this room/bathroom were in great shape! We had a double room with a pull out sofa-bed and even the sofa-bed was comfortable according to the parent who slept on it! The Continental Breakfast in the morning was above average....waffles, sausage, bacon, the usual pastries, fresh fruit, yogurt, oatmeal, and always-hot coffee.
The location of this hotel is very convenient, right on the main strip in Williamsburg, yet set off the road just enough to not hear the street traffic---it's behind a couple restaurants and a large parking lot so there's plenty of buffer from the noises. It gets a high recommendation from me!

• Liked — Comfortable beds, very clean room, great cont. breakfast
  • Disliked — nothing, it was all good!
  • Stayed May 2008
pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2008

We stayed at this hotel from March 31st - April 3rd of 2008. We found the staff very friendly, especially Tina Smith who was on the front desk when we arrived and made sure that everything was to our liking, and Thomas Sims who greeted us and sat down at our table the first morning we were having breakfast. to inquire as to whether we were pleased with our accomidations. We never met any of the staff who did not greet us with a hello, how are you today. They were always eager to help us in any way possible.
Our suite was immaculate. It was decorated with exquisit taste. The housekeeping staff always did a super job of making up our room while we were out sightseeing.
Breakfast was out of this world. There was plenty to eat. And it was arranged beautifully. It included both hot and cold items and we could make our own belgium waffles.
We will certainly stay at this hotel the next time we are in Williamsburg. It was far and away the best hotel ever!!!!!

• Liked — EVERYTHING!!!!!!
  • Disliked — NOTHING!!!!!!
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to SpringHill Suites Williamsburg? Share your experiences!