“surprise renovations interrupting our stay” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #27 of 79 Hotels in Williamsburg
Woodbridge, New Jersey
“surprise renovations interrupting our stay”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

my family and I stayed at Springhill this August. One night my family and i were swimming in the indoor pool, went to bed, and woke up to find complete renovation/construction going on outside our room. The pool was completely drained and the entire dining area was boarded up. We were never notified such an obstruction was going to happen. In fact, our family woke that morning to get our complimentary breakfast in that dining room. We asked the front desk what was going on and they gave no apologies. They simply told us that breakfast would be served in the hotel across the large parking lot.
I complained to corporate and was directed to a manager from the hotel. The manager offered me one complimentary night stay. I explained that we lived 7 hours away and that was not feasible. Yet the manager was unwilling to compromise. I told her that she could keep her offer and I was very upset with the way my family and i were treated during our stay and after.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Wilmington, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

The hotel was being renovated while we were there so all areas were not available to us I am not complaining just making a statement.The room were a little small but very funcitional. they were clean.We traveled with our 3 grand kids ages 7,12,&14 and the room was very comfortable.The location was great close to buschgardens and water country.Many eating places within walking distance.I would stay there again and recommend it to anyone traveling with children.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Mark T, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Williamsburg, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Thank you for taking your time to review our hotel. I am glad that you and your grandchildren enjoyed their stay in Williamsburg, Virginia and all of the attractions. We are definitely centrally located to all of the attractions. I am happy that you were able to stay in our newly renovated rooms. Renovations are coming to an end this week and we are proud! Please come see us again on your next trip to Williamsburg, VA.
Arlington, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Setting aside the fact that the main floor and lobby were being renovated and recognizing that it has to happen every once in a while, our room was very nice. I like the green colors. The toilet was quite low. The separated room was appreciated with the couch and desk. Brand new. We had to walk across the parking lot for breakfast at the other close-by Marriott Inn. Breakfast was great.

Room Tip: Check to see if the renovations are done and be sure your room is far away from the renovations.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
I am glad that you enjoyed stay here at the Springhill Suites. Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. Our rennovations are coming to an end this week, and the finished product is incredible. We look forward to having you back on your next trip to Williamsburg, VA.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

The hotel was a night stay after visiting Coloniel Williamsburg. We got there around 230PM, and the rooms were not ready (not a big deal). They were in the middle of remodeling the hotel, and when we did get our room (a remodeled one which was nice), there was construction taking place with drilling, noise, etc. Made trying to have my youngest child take a nap impossible which is quite frustrating. Breakfast and the pool were across the street at a residence inn...which is nice....but less convenient that I would prefer. Would I go again? yes. Howver, my recommendation is to wait until they finish the refurbishments.

By the way, while they are remodeling the rooms, the bathrooms were not remodeled, and felt a little dated. Not sure why they didn't just do it all. Seems awkward to me. Thought I would add that in for those that might be concerned/interested in the bathroom remodel...or lack thereof.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Mark T, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Williamsburg, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Thank you for taking time to review the Springhill Suites of Williamsburg. I am glad you were able to experience our newly remodeled rooms. While we are not remodeling the bathrooms completely, we are resurfacing and caulking the tubs and having new wall coverings installed. Our remodeling is due to be complete in mid-September 2012, I look forward to having you as our guests again on your next visit to Williamsburg, Virginia. With the pool, breakfast, and gym reopened and remodeled, your stay is assured to be great!
Southampton, Pennsylvania, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

Notified us too late to cancel and make other arangements. Only 2 tredmills not really a gym. Had to use the pool at the hotel next to us. Booked us in a room that was still under construction with workers in the room. Heavy paint odors. etc.. etc...

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for lettng is know about your stay. I apologize for any inconvenience that resulted to our remodeling.. We are sending out emails to all of our guests ahead of time, as well as, a block notice on Marriott.com. I do hope that you will choose to stay with us on your next visit to Williamsburg, as our hotel's renovations are due to be complete in mid-September 2012; to include the gym.
Charlottesville, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

We had a 3 night stay here, and we really enjoyed it. We had their standard double room on the 4th floor, which includes a living area separated by a partial divider. It was a good size, and we could still hang out and watch tv with our 4 year old sleeping in the bedroom. The renovations are clean and modern. The pool area was kept clean and the pool and whirlpool were kept at good temperatures. I want to point out that the staff really seems to pay attention to detail in the way that the rooms are cleaned, as well as in the public areas of the hotel. The breakfast was huge relative to a normal hotel breakfast, with a few decent hot choices like bacon,waffles, eggs, etc., as well as some healthy choices like oatmeal and turkey sausage. The staff kept the area clean, and they cleared dishes for guests who were finishing up, which is unusual for your basic complementary hotel breakfast. The one little blip in our stay was that a fire alarm went off one morning, but I attribute that to the renovations, and we were already up anyway.

We have been to Williamsburg several times, and this particular area is our favorite. There are a bunch of restaurants within walking distance, and it is close to the outlets and all the attractions.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay and I am happy to hear you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms. Our hotel should be completely renovated by mid-September 2012. I have passed on the positive feedback to our staff and thanked them personally for provided such grea service to our guests. Hope that you choose us again on your next stay in Williamsburg, Virginia.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

I was pleasantly surprised with the beautiful changes to our fourth floor room at the Suites in Williamsburg. The colors are fresh and modern and everthing about the new look is welcoming.
The entire property renovation is scheduled to be completed in mid September and it certainly will make this a gem on Richmond Road. Even the indoor pool area is being done over! I always enjoyed my stay at this property but am looking forward to my annual Fall visit to see the finished work. With an excellent staff like Christine Ariel who went out of her way for us you can't go wrong at the Springhill Suites Williamsburg.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
I am glad to hear you were able to be one of our first guests in the newly renovated rooms. We appreciate the positive feedback and look forward to having you back at our hotel again. We are excited with our new product and can't wait to share it.

Been to SpringHill Suites Williamsburg? Share your experiences!