“Great tea, excellent staff” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Tea Room
Description: Tea shop - opened March 2011
Description: Tea shop - opened March 2011
Williamsburg, Virginia
“Great tea, excellent staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stopped in to have a cup of tea at the new location in Newport News. The atmosphere is relaxed and the women working had us smell a few teas and helped us decide which kind we might want. She was happy to have me check out almost all of the different types before making me a cup of tea that was a blend of two different types. After our tea steeped she even took the tea out and put them in small plastic containers so that we could brew another cup later (we did the next morning after putting these in the fridge, worked great!).

This is a wonderful place to visit and get a cup of tea or some to take home.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Annapolis, Maryland
“A Must-Stop for anyone visiting Williamsburg!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2012

I visited Discover Teas in January, 2012 with friends with whom we were vacationing in Williamsburg. My friends know how much I enjoy a good cup of tea and thought I'd enjoy visiting Discover Teas on a Saturday when a 'tea class' is offered. What an AMAZING experience! I have a Ph.D. in Molecular Biology and Biochemistry and Kenneth, the teacher of the class, has an almost encyclopedic knowledge of teas AND their effects on our bodies. Kenneth talked about teas from medicinal, philosophical, historical and cultural points of view that astounded me! I also have traveled extensively throughout England, India and Sri Lanka and Kenneth recounted stories about teas from those regions that I could verify as accurate from my personal experiences. I bought the Sleepeeze tea for my High School age daughter who was studying for mid-term exams and she slept like a baby after massive amounts of time spent studying. My husband really likes the Iron Goddess of Mercy Oolong tea and my youngest daughter totally enjoyed the Irish Mocha La'Tea. My favorite is the Jasmine Dragon Tears tea - a soothing, aromatic tea that is so smooth and smells so sweetly of jasmine that you just want to swoon. I highly recommend this tea lounge for exploration of new tastes and for the knowledgable staff. Way to go Chris (owner from San Francisco) and Kenneth!

• Visited January 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
williamsburg virginia
“A Unique, wonderful experience in Williamsburg”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2011

A charming tea bar and lounge. Baked goods offered with tea ingredients. Owner will create a special tea drink for you from over 50 unique teas from around the globe. You can relax in the wi-fi tea lounge. A truly unique and special experience. Excellent service and good location.

• Visited April 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Kristi M, Social Media Manager at Discover Teas, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Thank you for the review! You'll be happy to know that we have over 100+ loose leaf teas available now!