“3 day stay family of 5” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 79 Hotels in Williamsburg
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“3 day stay family of 5”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel for 3 nights and we were satisfied overall. The room was very nice and comfortable. The kids loved the pool and the decor, I thought, was very nice and modern. The variety of the breakfast was great except the second day, when we went down around 9am, it was very crowded but the worse part, was that they were out of almost everything. That was a bit disapointing especially in the high season. That was the only negative aspect of our stay there. We would gladly return to this hotel and we highly recommend it!

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here while doing the Williamsburg Busch Gardens thing. I would not return if I came back to the area.

What we liked:
1. Bed and pillows were comfortable
2. Teenagers liked pool and jacuzzi
3. Plenty of towels for pool.
4. Mini arcade room
5. Adequate, but lean and small workout room
6. Seemed people were always vacuuming and cleaning main areas
7. Parking was always easy
8. Housekeeping did a nice job with giving adequate towels and making our beds up.

What I didn't dig so much:

1. I went to open the fridge and the handle was sticky--- enough that I needed to wash my hand.

2. Bathroom just never felt clean. If you're going to have a black sink top and gray shower walls, you've got to be impeccable about cleaning and soap scum.

3. We left a pizza box with two slices of pizza from dinner and in the AM there was a cockroach in it. That wigged me out. I've never seen a roach in any hotel I've ever stayed in, in my life.

4. A coffee pot next to the toilet on the sink top is gross. When will hotels learn this?

5. Breakfast was marginal... We went out after seeing the selection.

6. The decor was dark feeling-- red, black, gray and white everything. Very modern, art-deco ish. Not my taste, but interesting.

• Stayed August 2013
Lebanon, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

This hotel was amazing! Great breakfast, friendly staff, arcade and pool area for an entire family to enjoy! However, I would suggest that if you get a room with a sleeper sofa in hope to accommodate a large group of people, do yourself a favor and get another room with a bed! We stayed in a queen suite with two beds and a sleeper sofa...We had to rotate our sleeping arrangement due to how uncomfortable the sofa mattress was! In the end of our trip I slept on it, but only with the mattress still inside of the sofa! If you are 5'10" or under you will be able to sleep on it easy like a regular sofa, but the springs are painful on the actual mattress! :(

Room Tip: Go for a bed NOT the sleeper sofa!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
London, Ontario
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

I pre-booked this hotel directly through choicehotels.com and got what I thought was a good rate by pre-paying for the room. I checked back on the day that I arrived and the walk-in rate was $25 cheaper than I had prepaid before. Oh well, lesson learned.

The decor of the hotel is VERY different from any other Comfort Suites we have stayed in - very modern and unique. It is quite stunning as soon as you enter the hotel. The girl who checked us in was excellent and efficient. The indoor pool area is small and was overrun by many kids without their parents. I have nothing against kids using the pool. I was there with my family and we were looking forward to using the pool ourselves. Kids were running around the pool, screaming, and splashing everyone around on the pool deck. It was annoying and we left the pool area disappointed that it was not observed by a staff member from time to time.

I noticed lots of food and garbage in the hallways of the hotel. I expected that it would be cleaned up by the next day, but it was still there 18 hours later. After seeing this, I started looking a bit closer around the hotel. I noticed lots of paper peeling in the hallways, holes in the wall from luggage hitting it, broken floor tiles in the elevator, etc. It is not that the hotel was in poor shape that would stop me from staying there again, but it certainly needs some maintenance to fix up these issues.

The food served in the "free" morning breakfast was good and similar as to what you would find at other Comfort Suites. They were pretty full during our stay and several breakfast items were empty. They were refilled by a worker, but that worker was rather rude and surly. I did not see the employee in the breakfast area and I mentioned to my daughter that some of the items were empty and the worker's rude remark and tone about how he was replacing the items was uncalled for. Very unprofessional.

The hotel is in a great location, walkable to several restaurants, and just a few minutes ride to Colonial Williamsburg, the Prime outlet mall, Busch Gardens, and Water Country USA.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Wakefield, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

We stayed for two nights and maybe my standards are too high but there were finger prints and spills all over the room! I was also disappoined with the modern decor. I guess coming from a resort stay in Orlando spoiled me but when I see fingerprints all over the door and some sort of food dripped on the air conditioner it kind of puts me off. I will say this was an adequate lodging but as my experience staying at hotels in Williamsburg has gone this is one of the better ones. I can understand in comparison to the rest of the hotels why it is rated number 4 on TA but as the rest of the world goes it is only average.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Hyde Park, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

Absolutely beautiful hotel, loved the decor. It was nice that the hotel has its own unique look and isn't a cookie cutter version of every other hotel property out there. Upon arrival the woman at the front desk was very personable and efficient in checking us in. Had room 403 - 2 queen beds. Again, can't say enough about the unique look, would love to decorate my bedroom with the same tones. Beds were comfortable. The bathroom was clean and roomy. We decided to explore and went to the pool and jacuzzi. We were in luck because it was a rare time when nobody else was in there. The pool was cool and refreshing. The hot tub - I didn't want to get out. Some people might find the water temp to be too hot but I found it to be perfect. Checked out the gym and he game room, both looked good but we didn't actually use either of them. Breakfast in the morning was just what we needed. Of course, they could always use another waffle maker, but it really doesn't take that long. They had the basics and everything was tasty. On both mornings we always saw an attendant buzzing around keeping things orderly. The hotels location was very convenient - just a very short ride to busch gardens, water country USA, or colonial williamsburg. I don't see how you can go wrong with this place. There are other choice hotel properties in williamsburg with lower advertised rates, but the few extra dollars for this property are so worth it. I want to go back to williamsburg just for this hotel!!!

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Punta Gorda
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Clean, very friendly & helpful staff. Nice large suite. Would definitely recommend, Would go back.
Did not try the restaurant for dinner.Grandkids wanted Chipotle, Ruby Tuesday. Breakfast was a huge spread

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Suites Bypass? Share your experiences!