“better than i expected” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 78 Hotels in Williamsburg
Hyattsville, Maryland
“better than i expected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

this hotel was much better than i expected. it must have been recently renovated. the one thing i dread about hotels is the smell. it just stays in the air and when you turn on the AC it usually gets worse. nut this hotel had NO smell. i was very pleased. there was a nice little game room and the pool area was nice and clean. the lobby is very nice and there was more than enough parking. the only problem i had was the bed was really hard. but its in a great neighborhood, close to everything. i would stay at this hotel every time i come to Williamsburg.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Mauldin, South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

My three kids and I went to Williamsburg over spring break and stayed in this hotel. Our hotel room door was unlocked and opened when we got there; front desk did not share my concern and said the housekeeping just forgot to close it. Room had dust on furniture, floor was dirty (found a big toenail), lamp was broken (would flicker on and off as if there was a short). We went to the pool area and were enjoying ourselves in the hot tub, when my son said, "Uh, mommy, I think you had better look behind you!" The windows were covered in bugs! When we realized they were also in the hot tub, we got out. I shared my concern with the front desk and once again they did not seem to share my concern until i showed them the picture. They said they would spray.

I have never left any kind of negative review for any hotel and I wasn't planning to for this one. But they sent me a survey when I got home and I shared my concerns, not really expecting to get anything back, but hoping it would help them make improvements for their future. When I got an email this morning from this hotel that they were SO DELIGHTED that I enjoyed my stay and providing the link for me to write this review, I decided that such a low level of costumer service could not be ignored. I definitely won't be staying at this hotel again and probably never at another Comfort Suites. I was so disappointed. BTW, I booked at this hotel based on the great reviews here on this site.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Loved this Comfort Suites. As a Choice Hotel member, Comfort Suites is my "go to" hotel on my vacations. Nice quiet location, and this hotel is almost new. Pool area, with hot tub looked nice. Breakfast was nicely stocked with "make your own" waffles. They had regular batter and chocolate batter. "Pancake" eggs and biscuits, and sausage gravy, muffins, white bread, bagels, yogurt, and Orange juice, apple juice and lemonade, coffee and hot chocolate. TV was a large flat screen, and the bed slept good. We had one problem, and it was when I walked toward the bathroom, and I heard water "dropping". There was water coming from the vent in the bathroom (we were on the 1st floor), and I went and got the lady at the front desk. She brought towels, and went directly upstairs to the room above me. The lady in that room had let her bath run over. After a few minutes, the water stopped dripping, and the lady at the front desk got all the water up, and she offered to move me to another room, but I told her it would be okay. So everything was okay, but even with that little mishap (which wasn't the Comfort Suites fault), our stay was still great.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

We a bit worried when we arrived, because it took awhile for someone to show up at the front desk to serve us. But even just walking into the lobby, you know that this is going to be a nice hotel. It's very chic....the black, silver and red decor are so unusual for a chain hotel. It really awed my kids and they thought they were at a "fancy" hotel. Thankfully, the prices aren't fancy!!

Our room was immaculate and just what we need for our three night stay. We had a room with two queen beds, a small divider and the double couch. We were really only in our rooms to sleep, so with five people, it worked out nicely. The toiletries in the bathrooms were nice. Everything was spotless, we had tons of towels, the A/C worked properly. I check all the beds of hotels for any unwelcome critters and these beds were amazingly clean. The lobby is beautiful and there is a small pantry to purchase items, as well as lots of literature for sights in the surrounding area.

The pool is clean and a decent size, and there's a hot tub as well. One of my least favorite things is that there was a high school trip from California staying there and every night the students swarmed the pool, jumping in, being a bit dangerous (especially with small kids around) and there was no chaperone in the area with them. I know it's swim at your own risk, but I didn't think the risk would be a 200 lb HS Junior about to fall on my kids head. :)

Breakfast was very tasty, but very, very crowded. The two waffles machines always had a looong line....and lots of the food ran out quickly. The staff seemed like they were trying hard to keep up, so I guess it's just a small-ish space with a huge influx of people at one time....but it made breakfast a bit chaotic. Also, please serve bananas! They're the most portable (probably most liked!) fruit...but all they had were oranges while we were there. Overall, the breakfast items were fresh and tasty enough to fill our bellies up until lunch time.

We didn't eat at either restaurant...but Cracker Barrel and Golden Corral were basically in the same parking lot, so you could walk to them with ease.

I highly recommend a stay here for Colonial Williamsburg and Busch Gardens. We loved our stay!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Jacksonville, Fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I upgraded for a low cost to the "Jacuzzi room", now I want my house to look like it! Well worth the price, great location, and the staff was terrific! VERY MODERN decor, I LOVE IT! I will come here every time I come to Williamsburg now! After a long road trip, this is just what what I needed!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

Our family loved this hotel! Each member of the staff was very helpful and accommodating. Rooms are spacious and updated. The breakfast area was always well-stocked and there was plenty of seating during the breakfast rush. Pool area was always clean and the hotel is close to Busch Gardens, Colonial Williamsburg, Jamestown and Yorktown. We would definitely stay at hotel again!

• Stayed April 2013
Lindenhurst, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

My twin teenaged boys and I enjoyed the large rooms. With 2 queen beds and a sofabed, everyone had their own space. The beds were extremely firm (too firm for me). The room was clean and well equipped with micro, fridge and coffeemaker. The included breakfast was satisfactory, but I would have liked to see a little more variety. I stayed for 6 nights. On several mornings there were busload groups in the breakfast area which made seating unavailable and long lines for waffle makers. I stayed on the first floor because one of my sons does not like elevators. The first floor is noisy. All first floor rooms are either close to the pool or close to the lobby or close to the laundry and maintainence area. It was quiet late at night, I did not hear any noise from adjoining rooms. We all loved the pool and hot tub. My children also enjoyed the game room and fitness room.

Room Tip: Avoid first floor rooms. Rooms at the back of the hotel look out onto a grassy area rather than ont...