“Perfect for a large family” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #11 of 78 hotels in Williamsburg
Hartland, Wisconsin
“Perfect for a large family”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

We had a great experience at this hotel with our 4 children (ages 1-9). The room had 2 queen beds and a pull-out sofa, so it worked perfectly for us. Everything was very clean and the decor was nice and modern. You can't beat the price for this type of space. It wasn't anything fancy, but it was just what we needed. The staff at the front desk was extremely friendly and always seemed to be doing something (helping someone or cleaning) when I walked by. My only complaint is that there weren't many light or healthy options for breakfast. It was mostly all heavy carbs and not much as far as fruit or yogurt. That said, I would definitely stay there again. Friday night we went to dinner at Sal's by Victor and it was perfect for us as well. Loud, good food, and reasonable prices.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

391 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Stayed for 3 nights in late October, before Halloween. This is a clean, modern hotel. The staff here are very, very helpful and extremely friendly. Breakfast was good, had a decent variety of food, including some hot items. The breakfast sitting area itself is not very large, and I would expect it to be crowded during the peak tourist seasons. Our room was clean, and the bed was comfortable. Hotel wireless internet is also good. I would definitely stay here again the next time we are in Williamsburg. We did not use the pool facilities, as we were very busy.

Bedford, In
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

We stayed for only one night at this hotel and it was the nicest hotel that we stayed at on our 10 day trip. Hotel looks to be fairly new. it was spotlessly clean, the most spacious room we have ever had that included a seperate sitting room with couch and flat screen TV. The beds were as comfortable as they come. Breakfast is served in a very roomy area and was very good. Staff was friendly and efficient. I highly recommend this hotel and would definately stay here again.

Room Tip: Hotel can be hard to find because it sets back off the bypass.
Gaithersburg, MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

After reviewing numerous Williamsburg hotels on tripadvisor we went with this one. I was thoroughly impressed except for one problem with our reservation which was a bit concerning to us for our needs.

The hotel is sleek in styling and extremely clean. The staff is friendly on the phone and in person. The dining area for the continental breakfast is spacious and one of the largest I've seen. Good variety and amount of food for the continental breakfast. Great check-in time (3pm) in relation to other area hotels. Ample parking.

Our only problem was with our reservation and this is why they are only rated 'very good'. We had originally requested 2 double rooms, but when I asked for them to be adjoining I was told we had to make one a king in order to have an adjoining room. We agreed to pay the extra $10 to do this. Upon check-in (which was 15 minutes early) we were told there were no adjoining rooms available. We were not happy as we needed to have the adjoining rooms due to young kids. I asked how often this happens and it seemed pretty common according to the receptionist's response. Once we carried our belongings in we realized they still charged us the higher price even though we didn't get a king room. When I returned to the receptionist and explained, she immediately corrected our bill.

We have an event we attend every October in Williamsburg and we'll plan on staying here again in the future, but will emphasize the importance of our reservation for adjoining rooms. If it happens again then that would be a deal breaker.

Room Tip: If you need adjoining rooms ask when you make the reservation if they guarantee it.
Fredericksburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

My family and I stayed in this hotel and thought that it was very nice. It was a very modern hotel and we thought that it was original and interesting. We stayed there while we were visitng the Williamsburg area.
This hotel is also a non-smoking hotel which was great considering not everyone likes the smell of smoke. We would recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Clarksburg, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

My kids and I stopped over on the way to the Outer Banks. When arriving, the front desk staff was extremely helpful. Our room was beautiful and very clean. Nice features included a spacious room, comfortable pillows, microwave, mini fridge, sofa and table, wireless access. I think there was a school trip staying there, but we went down to the nice heated pool at 8:30 p.m. and were the only people there. Our remote batteries were dead, but the front desk person replaced them immediately. There was a lovely self-serve breakfast. They had Belgian waffles, muffins, toast, cereal, eggs, sausage, hot chocolate, tea, coffee and juice. The breakfast bar was clean, well stocked and accessible (even with all the school kids there). Loved it! Would definitely stay again.

Punxsutawney, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

I stayed again for the 3rd time at the Comfort Suites Bypass in Williamsburg. I had no problems with check-in and all of the staff at the hotel desk were terrific. Marium is great, as usual, and the other man, which I am sorry to say that I don't know his name, was also very nice and helpful. We had an odor in our room that wouldn't go away, and they did everything in their power to try to rid the room of the odor. We determined that it was in the air-conditioning vent, and they took this apart, washed and sprayed it, and brought a machine in to dry it. They are the most helpful staff that I have ever met. The pool area is very strong on a chlorine smell. You can only stay in as an observer for a short time, and then you can start to taste the chlorine. I do wish that Fox news would be on the tv in the breakfast area at least sometimes. We stayed 5 nites, and the liberal stations were on every morning. I would definitely stay here again. It is my favorite in the Williamsburg area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Suites Bypass? Share your experiences!