“Loud party at night, we didn't sleep well” 3 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #9 of 79 Hotels in Williamsburg
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Ashburn, Virginia
“Loud party at night, we didn't sleep well”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

We stayed in Comfort Suites Bypass one night during our recent family trip to Williamsburg -Virginia Beach area. Our main purpose was to find a quality hotel with an easy access to the Bush Gardens. This hotel located on Route 60 Bypass, and it is just 10 min from Bush Gardens. I booked AAA rate King Bed room with a sleeping sofa. It was pretty easy to find this hotel, it on the populated by other chain hotels part of the road. Check in was fast. We had room 401 on the top 4th floor, and room had a separate Jacuzzi tab . Hotel has a modern red/white/black decor. We used hotel pool in the evening and had breakfast at the hotel next morning. I didn’t like breakfast chooses, as eggs was probably precooked and didn’t taste good, I only had coffee with fresh made waffle, it was only one instant cereal choice and no yogurts (my son always eats yogurt for breakfast). Bed was comfy, but at the middle of the night our sleep was interrupted by some wild party probably at the room downstairs. People was yelling, laughing and saying not a good words very loud. I was ready to call front desk and complain, it was around 2 am . My son was still sleeping and I used ear plugs for my sleep. Even if hotel was good location-price wise , I’d probably will not stay there anymore as it looks like it is popular place for some ‘wild’ parties at mid-night. Not a good WI-Fi /Cell Phone reception inside of the hotel.

Room Tip: Top floor to avoid noise; AAA rate
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

My family and I recently spent 3 nights at the beautiful Comfort Suites Bypass in Williamsburg, VA. The entire staff was very friendly and accommodating. Veer was very helpful when we made our reservations and also while we stayed. The housekeeping staff kept everything immaculate. The free breakfast was great. We will definitely stay again.

CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

Very modern. Front desk staff was very helpful...from suggesting restaurants to helping with the WiFi. However, the WiFi was spotty and kept disconnecting...which was probably why everyone was always outside of the hotel on their devices. The beds were high & super comfy, but had small pillows so bring your own if needed. Very clean. Tons of counter space in the bathroom and desk/table space with ample outlets for all your devices. As someone mentioned earlier...vertical surfaces were clean but horizontal needed work (wall mirror was spotty & headboards had greasy head stains on them!) Free breakfast was so-so...too many people for such a small area and the food was just okay. Fake eggs, stale muffins, and the line was way too long for the make-your-own-waffles (which tasted funny anyway). Pool looked cloudy and since it is indoors, the strong smell of chlorine finally drove us out. Game room was good, with pool & air hockey tables. Lots of towels provided, all in all I would stay here again.

Baltimore, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012 via mobile

Now don't get me wrong, this hotel is very nice. However, there were a few issues. 1) when we got there they messed up the bill and charge us different price than what was on the original confirmation page.
2) Friday morning I went down to get waffles and bring them up to my family. When I taste the waffle it was horrible. The didn't have much of a variety for breakfast like yogurts and different fruits and cereals. Stuff like that. So my family and I had to go out for breakfast.
3) finally, that friday night,there was a huge water stain on the ceiling . Of course we reported what happened. No one did anything about it. When we left Saturday afternoon, the front desk still did not send anyone to check the water stain. Other than that our stay was ok. But not enough to stay there again!

• Stayed August 2012
Altavista, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

I spent 6 nights at this hotel with my wife and 4 kids. I will second both the good and bad of most other reviews. Breakfast is OK but there is not enough room for everybody after 8:00 and not enough staff to keep it stocked. The decor is different from the average hotel, and for us that was a plus. The biggest negative was housekeeping. We had 6 people in the room and they normally stock the room with 4 towels. It was no big deal to get a couple extra towels that first night. However it got old quickly. Every time they replaced the towels they took 6 and left 4. They also chose not to make 1 one of the beds one day because my wife's nightgown and a couple travel magazines were left on the bed. One other issue I don't think I've seen here is the water. This is not something the hotel can do much about but it is an issue. The cold water came out of the tap warmer than room temperature and had a strong chlorine smell. If you aren't used to well water then the smell probably isn't a big deal, but the temperature is.
I don't mean to focus on the negatives because this is a good hotel and I will most likely stay here again. The staff (except house keeping) was great. The look is great. Overall all it is an above average hotel, but it could be even better with just a little more effort.

Room Tip: Another reviewer suggested requesting 4th floor rooms to reduce noise. We stayed on the 4th floor an...
Jacksonville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

We just stayed here while visiting busch gardens over the weekend. Very convienient drive to the park from this hotel. If I didnt have kids, I probably would not stay here, it is a very BUSY place, its just not a hotel to relax at. The rooms were good except the pull out sofa bed. I would not recommend for an adult to sleep on it. Also bring you own pillows, the hotel pillows are half the size of a standard. The breakfast area lines were worse than busch gardens lines......and everything kept running out, not to mention we had to eat in out room because there was no seats left. The pool was good for the kids, water was freezing and the room the pool is in is very small and was also very crowded. Kids didnt care though, they were just glad to be out of the car. The hot tub was packed the whole time we were down stairs so we didnt get to use it either. Pool closes at 11 and was packed until 11.
Pool & breakfast room was just way too small for this size of a hotel to accomodate all of its guest. Other than that, the staff was super nice and the modern decor was an interesting change up from the norm of old school comfort suite rooms, the room was clean and roomy. Kids had fun also in the game room (which is also very small) but bring lots of quarters, it is not free. I would stay here again if I had the kids, probably not if i didnt

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

One week stay for 4 in nicely decorated 2 bed, hideabed suite with microwave, fridge, indoor pool, hot tub, breakfast, close to tons of major attractions for 3 figures!? Count me a happy customer likely to return! My kids loved it!

• Stayed August 2012

Been to Comfort Suites Bypass? Share your experiences!