“Signature Pasta Dish is Spectacular” 5 of 5 stars

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: New Town Avenue
Transit: Williamsburg Transit Bus & Trolley stop across street
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Signature Pasta Dish is Spectacular”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Chose restaurant based on Bing search for best Italian restaurant. Tried to make reservations one day before but booked. I went anyway on Friday night, sat at the bar and watched baseball. Busy bar with take out of their pizzas. Seriously, about 20 pizzas were handed over to folks in the 1.5 hours I was there. The guy next to me said they were the best pizzas ever. I will take his word for it. I had their signature pasta dish -- Maremonti. I changed the pasta noodle to fetticini -- spectacular taste. I told my husband that if I could get their recipe we could sell the sauce in jars and retire it's that good. Service was slow but I'm thinking that part of the reason is because so much staff time goes in cooking the pizzas...plus there are a lot of tables. I would go there again in a heartbeat.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Williamsburg, Virginia
“If waiting for your food ...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

If waiting for your food, a long time, is your thing ... this is your restaurant. What I ate was good but not worth the wait. I went twice, just in case the first time was a fluke. It wasn't.

Williamsburg, VA
“Not all it's cracked up to be”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

It was pretty average, even though it was advertised as best Italian in Williamsburg for last year. I like Olive Garden better, and if you want to stay local Italian in Williamsburg, then go to Guissepe's or to Sal's. It was average, but the price was higher than average.

• Visited May 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“First Time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012 via mobile

While visiting Colonial Williamsburg we drove to New Town, appropriately named since it is a "new town" on the outskirts of the restored area. While there we decided to have lunch at Buon Amici, an excellent choice. Our waitress, Pat, was courteous, cordial and very professional. We each chose the $9.95 two course lunch. We began with some fresh bread and olive oil. Our first course was a generous bowl of seafood stew - tomato based and filled with chunks of fish, crabmeat and veggies. My husband said that it reminded him of his mother's homemade crab soup. I had the Ahi tuna on a bed of field greens. The tuna was perfect - very rare on the inside. My husband had Rigatoni with Bolognese sauce. Both dishes exceeded our expectations. We look forward to another visit.

Williamsburg, Virginia
“Went for lunch!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

I've been to Bon Amici several times for lunch. Very attractive atmosphere, in New Town. Great service. Great lunch deal, if you bring the coupon from the paper. Good food, plenty of choice.

Visited October 2012