“Even if everything else is closed, this is probably still a bad idea” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Sammy and Nick's Pancake & Waffle House

Improve this listing
Ranked #235 of 303 Restaurants in Williamsburg
Cuisines: American
Brookfield, Connecticut
“Even if everything else is closed, this is probably still a bad idea”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2011

In need of something for breakfast, we decided to stop at the first pancake/ waffle place we saw on our drive in Williamsburg. I figured it was pretty hard to get breakfast wrong, right? WRONG!

As soon as we entered, we were barely greeted by a man who I noticed had food splattered on his pants and sweater. We were seated and promptly ignored for a good 10 minutes. It took another ten for our drinks to come and my glass was not only dirty but the orange juice was warm. We decided to soldier on but not before witnessing our host, the very indifferent Sammy, not only be rude to his waitstaff but put in other orders ahead of ours even though we'd been waiting forever. Then he proceeded to chitchat with those very people (clearly friends) while a crowd nearing 20 people waited at the door to be seated.

My children and I ordered the chocolate chip pancakes and what we got were pancakes with about 5 tiny chocolate chips sprinkled on top of each layer. I don't know why this took so long to make (a good 20 to 30 minutes) or why it was listed as chocolate chip pancakes (implying that it was inside the pancakes) when it should be pancakes with chocolate chips like they did with the pancakes with apples on top.

Our side orders were forgotten, then brought later to the table. We had to, like a few other diners, beg for our check. When the owner rang us up, he did not ask us how we enjoyed it, how everything was, thanked us or wished us a good day. This is probably for the best because he wouldn't have liked my answers. He was equally as gruff and unconcerned about all the other people waiting to get in. Honestly, I think everyone but the friend table was there because they came from the hotel next door. I have to wonder if the reason that "& Nick" has been whited out is that even he couldn't stand to be there anymore.

Horrible service, mediocre (at best) food and not very clean. As I read in a guide book, Williamsburg has the highest per capita of waffle houses, my suggestion is then to skip this one and look elsewhere.

• Visited April 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Clearfield, UT
“Nice local eatery”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2010

Food was okay but ... American cheese on the omelets?

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Bowie, Maryland
“Good breakfast”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2010

Nice family owned place. The food was good and the service was very quick and efficient.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Virginia
“Wonderfully nice staff, and a Wonderfully yummy breakfast!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2010

We had a coupon from the motel we stayed at in Williamsburg, so we tried Sammy and Nick's for breakfast. They've got great food. But make sure you come hungry, because their portions are huge. Their staff is very nice, attentive, and brings you your food very quickly.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere