“This is what you get for paying the lowest rate.” 2 of 5 stars

You added Super 8 Williamsburg / Colonial Area to your Saves list
Super 8 Williamsburg / Colonial Area
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1233 Richmond Road, Williamsburg, VA 23185   |
Ranked #74 of 78 Hotels in Williamsburg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
EAST MEADOW
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

I was very disappointed with this Super 8 Motel. Previous stays at other Super 8 Motels were very satisfactory. This motel was run down, bedspreads were stained with cigarette holes, the maid service was spotty, the lighting was dim, I had to request tissues, towels were not replaced, breakfast was a joke, and the only positive was the low price. The breakfast was almost non-existent, I had to ask for sweetener for my coffee, the orange juice was watered down and tasted like dishwater. One of the light fixtures in the room was broken, and the large bureau mirror was unsecured to wall and posed a very dangerous situation as it very easily could have fallen over. In this case, "we got what we paid for". I would not recommend this motel, and I would gladly pay more to stay somewhere else when I next visit Williamsburg. I am tempted to ask for my money back!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel spur of the moment. There is no microwave. Tv did not get channels over 55. The elevator is terrifying. Dirty pillows and washclothes... As I went to take a shower there was a COCKROACH on the floor! I went right to the front desk and asked for compensation since no one would be using the bathroom and the man at the front desk could not speak english very well so he couldnt understand what i was asking. Also the breakfast situation is a joke! Two kinds of moldy cereal and coffee was all that was put out. There a scum ring around the pool as well. The bathroom door didnt shut. The key to the room didnt work. Got 50% off the bill but it should have been free. Will never be staying again.

• Stayed August 2012
Chantilly, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

After reading the reviews on this site we weren't expecting much, but were pleasantly surprised by this motel. We got a 3rd floor room, which was spacious, and clean, and did not smell at all. The bathroom even met the cleanliness levels of my daughters, which is a pretty high bar. The staff were friendly and service was prompt. Couple of things could use some improvement - the TV was outdated, and the coffee maker was missing the carafe. Overall, it more than met our requirements, and well worth the price.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Super8Colonialstaff, Manager at Super 8 Williamsburg / Colonial Area, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to post your positive comments on our property! We are working to improve the guest experience. Hope to see you again
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012 via mobile

This place stunk and was filthy. I would not ever stay there. The people we made the reservation even said they wouldn't cancel our reservation. We had to argue with them. The people at the front desk were nice.

• Stayed July 2012
Alexandria, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

So this place was quite inexpensive to stay at, but you do get what you pay for (or don't pay for). I booked this place as one of those where you see the rate, but don't know the hotel name until after you pay. Usually I've had good luck with this, but not this time. After seeing the reviews, I was definitely worried. It is really being mis-advertised as a 2-star hotel; it should be a 1-star. It's quite run down, even from the outside. It also does does have a smoking floor, so it kind of smells, although if you're on the top floor, you can't smell it in your room. The first room we were assigned to felt like we had entered the rain forest when we walked in. The tub had been leaking (for who knows how long) and with the humidity and heat was an undesirable combination. I had my husband go ask if we could move to a different room. They accommodated this request the next room was better as far as that went. It was still pretty dirty and needed some major deep cleaning. The beds are very uncomfortable and we did find a strange bug in our shower the first morning. The breakfast was a joke- two types of very stale cereal and muffins/toast. That was about it. So overall- we were only there to sleep and we survived, but would pay a little more next time for somewhere a bit cleaner/nicer.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Williamsburg, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

The pictures on the internet look good and I have been to Williamsburg many times and we are looking to move there. We had no idea that a hotel could be soo filthy as this super 8. There were 2 cars being taken apart in parking lot. 3 very large dogs tied up by the front door. there were 2 windows boarded up on the side strreet side of building. We got out of the car looked around.....canceled our reservations and went a round the corner to the comfort inn. I could not believe a Wyndham property in this kind of condiction have used them many times. Susan Evans

Room Tip: there are no good rooms in this place