“Pleasent stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 79 Hotels in Williamsburg
Baltimore, United States
“Pleasent stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I stayed 3 night to see the sites of Williamsburg, for which I have never been. The staff at the Hampton Inn was very helpful and friendly. Everyday they took the time to ask me how everything was and told me to have a good day.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

GM706, Public Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Williamsburg-Central, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience at Hampton Inn & Suites Central. We will definitely share your positive experience with all of our team members. We very much look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Dacula, Georgia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

During our trip to Williamsburg, we stopped at a Hampton Inn somewhere in North Carolina along I-85 to spend the night. We were very impressed to find such a nice, clean place just by chance. When we arrived in Williamsburg, we had advance reservations at a LaQuinta Inn, which I will write a review for. The LaQuinta was so bad that at midnight, I was on the internet looking for a room somewhere else for the rest of our stay. Remembering how much we liked the Hampton Inn we had been at the night before, I was able to book the last available king room at the Hampton Inn on Bypass Rd. We were quite happy with our room. The bed was comfortable and the room was clean and it was a cheaper rate than the LaQuinta. The staff was friendly and very helpful. The only downside was that when we arrived around 4 pm, our room still wasn't ready. The clerk was very apologetic. I was so happy to be out of the LaQuinta that I offered to go sight seeing for a couple of hours and come back. She went ahead and got us registered, so when I did come back two hours later, all I had to do was pick up the room key at the desk. I was so impressed with both Hampton Inns that we stayed at, that I enrolled in the Hilton Honors program.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
GM706, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Williamsburg-Central, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Thank you for your time to share your experience at our facility. It is always exciting to find out from our guest that our team was able to meet their expectations and provide a dependable accommodation.
We appreciate your business and looking forward to see you in the near future.
Chesapeake, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

Rooms were excellent at a great price. A/c was working great, pool and hot tub very well kept. Breakfast absolutely put it over the top with two familys enjoying a couple days here. Staff above average friendliness and there when you need them

• Stayed June 2013
GM706, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Williamsburg-Central, responded to this review, June 16, 2013
On behalf of all the team members of Hampton Inn & Suites Central I would like to thank you for taking the time to share and recognize our efforts to make sure we provide great service, clean and comfortable accommodations to all of our guests.
We are looking forward to see you soon....
Yukon, PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I just stayed at the Hampton Inn and Suites on Bypass Road in Williamsburg, VA. Upon arriving we were greeted and checked in quickly and thanked for being Priority Club members. We were given a room on the top floor which we usually prefer to avoid having noise above us. Our king sized suite was nicely decorated, spacious and clean. We found the breakfast to be sub par, even in comparison to other Hampton Inn breakfasts we have had.

Unfortunately, the second day there was not a good one. I was not feeling well and went back to the room to rest, waited for the housekeeper to service our room and then crawled into bed. While I was in bed, someone knocked on the door and then came in when I did not answer. I called out and they said sorry and shut the door. I cannot understand why the housekeeper needed to come back, our room had been completely serviced so there was no reason for them to return? My husband and I then went out for an early dinner and returned to a hotel with no power. A strong storm had hit the area and the power was knocked out in a large area so there was no where to go stay in that area. We waited it out for several hours, the emergency lighting at the hotel was very poorly lit and grew dimmer as the hours passed. The ladies at the front desk had no access to the computers or phones and relied on cell phones for communication. Battery operated tea light were placed on the breakfast room tables and glow sticks were placed in the stairwells. Really??? I asked to speak with the manager and was told that the manager had 4 hotels and was out checking the other ones. They were worried about calling for take out food for themselves and one clerk told me that they were hungry. I asked for a bottle of water and it seemed like I was putting the clerk out by asking. We sat outside for several hours and never once saw a power company truck, so we took a ride and still nothing. Many people chose to check out and drive to Richmond for a room with electricity. We finally decided to walk up 10 flights of stairs to our room with our own flashlight so we could see. It was a long, miserable night without electricity, my husband uses a bi-pap machine and had difficulty breathing without it and I became very stuffy from the humid room. There is no way to open any windows or vents to allow air in. We roughed the night out, packed our bags and checked out a day early. I asked for some sort of compensation because we were not completely satisfied with the lack of present management, poor emergency lighting, the quality of the breakfast and the clerk told me that she would have to ask the manager and they were not there. When I became insistent, she went into the back room and said she would comp the night. I thanked her and we left. I totally understand that they have no control over the weather but they need better emergency lighting and response.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
I'm writing to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention.
I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our
guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we're doing right, what we're
doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us.
We look forward to serving your future lodging needs.
Bucks County, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

This is a typical Hampton Inn, which is always a good thing! The location was fantastic, close to everything, and very quiet, away from the more commercial areas. There is a very nice indoor, and outdoor pool area. The 24 hr coffee bar is always great, and the free breakfast buffet was also quite good as expected. The actual food area was a bit small, but there was plenty of seating. Everything was fresh abd tasty...the hot portion did change all 4 days we were there, which was nice. The room was large, comfortable, and very clean. My only complaint was the air conditioner fan going off and on, all day and night, was quite loud. It would be better if the fan stayed on, and the compressor was intermittent. All the employees we met were very courteous, and friendly! We would definately stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
We do thank you for the kind words. Our staff is committed to provide a total guest satisfaction and its always delightful to get such of nice feedback . We are glad you and your family had a enjoyable stay and we met all your expectation.
Come back to visit us !!!!
Greensburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

The room service was great. Towels were replenished daily. The rooms were very nice and the shower was great. Great water pressure. The breakfast was not so good and there was no fridge in the room which was a disappointment. The elevators were fairly quick. It is a great place to stay when sightseeing in Williamsburg, Jamestown and Yorktown. It was within an hour of all locations with lots of great restaurant s nearby.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
We are glad you had a enjoyable stay. I will share with our staff the kind words of praise. .Again, let me thank you for your kind words. We're committed to total guest satisfaction, and we look forward to your next visit
Roanoke, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

We were only able to stay at this hotel for one night due to bad weather approaching. The room was beautiful and clean. The front desk clerk was very nice and understanding when I called down to leave after only one night and wanted to make sure we were happy with our room. My only complaint is about breakfast. We always stay at Hampton Inns because of the great free breakfast. This one left much to be desired. It was in a very tiny space and the choices were very limited. There was only one waffle maker and only one type of pastry (a couple muffins but no donuts). The coffee choices are located a long distance away from the kitchen area in the foyer entrance. I love the location of the hotel since we were planning to visit Busch Gardens. Cleanliness is my number one concern about a hotel and this room was very clean.

Room Tip: Rooms located on the back side of the building offer a lovely wooded view if you are in an upper roo...