“Very nice hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 80 hotels in Williamsburg
Topsail Island, North Carolina
“Very nice hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

I was very impressed with this hotel. When I was looking to book a room in Williamsburg every hotel was booked and I couldn't get a room at any of the regular hotels that I stay at. The Hampton Inn was basically my only choice so I booked my reservation and hoped for the best. The staff was very nice and friendly, rooms were nice and clean. My kids loved the pool and it seemed to be very well taken care of. We used the indoor pool and it was very nice and clean with plenty of towels and seating. It wasn't over chlorinated like a lot of hotel pools. It was very nice.
The location of the hotel is great. There are lots of restaurants in the area and it is very close to Busch Gardens and the big outlet mall is right down the road about 3 miles.

The only thing that this hotel could improve on is the breakfast. The eggs were so dry I couldnt eat them and I felt like there werent a lot of other options. The quality of food needs improvement.
I really liked this hotel and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
GM706, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Williamsburg-Central, responded to this review, May 4, 2013
On behalf of our entire staff I would like to Thank You for staying with us. We are glad your stay was up to your expectations. Hampton Inn & Suites team members strive to provide complete guest satisfaction to each and every guest.
We hope to see you on your next visit to Williamsburg.

492 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Our room was clean and comfortable. The hotel is well located for visiting all the historical sites in the area. The staff was helpful with recommendations. We tried several enjoyable restaurants based on the staff recommendations.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

GM706, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Williamsburg-Central, responded to this review, April 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience while visiting Hampton Inn & Suites Central. Its our goal to make sure each and every guest feel like they are at home away of home. At the same time such words of praise fulfill the hard work of our team members.
I will more then happy to share your feedbacks with our team.
We do appreciate your business and come back to visit us.
Bowie, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

On both mornings of my stay, the hotel decided to work on the hot water in my section. I had to disturb my daughter and family in their suite so that I could shower.

On the first night, the hotel charged my debit card using a bogus name. I took steps to cancel it and gave them another once the manager apologized.

When we checked out, we were offered a zero balance receipt, but I didn't think I would need it. I wish now I had it as the manager has promised at least three times to remove the charges from my other credit card.

I expect excellent service from Hampton Inn as I've been a customer of many over the years. This visit was a complete upside-down fruit basket.

Room Tip: Be sure the hotel doesn't decide to do hot water maintenance in the hours prior to 9:30 in the m...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
GM706, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Williamsburg-Central, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experiences. We would like to sincerely apologize to you and your family for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay. If you would please contact me directly, I will be more than happy to ensure that the billing error has been corrected and zero balance receipt has been emailed to you . Again, we apologize and I look forward to speaking with you.
Rochester,NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

We recently stayed at this hotel while visiting Colonial Williamsburg. The entrance to the Visitors Center for Colonial Williamsburg was just 5 minute drive away. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We stayed in a King Suite which was very clean, roomy and comfortable. The rates, I thought, were very reasonable. We only incurred one problem when the HD TV went out but after talking to the front desk someone came up immediately to our room and it was fixed within 5 minutes. The breakfast was your standard continental breakfast but the staff again running it was very friendly. The coffee and tea that is offered all the time was constantly kept full and fresh.

Room Tip: Highly Recommend the King Suite if you are staying for a few nights. We stayed in the one facing the...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
We do thank you for the kind words. Our staff is committed to provide a total guest satisfaction and its always delightful to get such of nice feedback . We are glad you and your family had a enjoyable stay and we met all your expectation.
Come back to visit us !!!!
Rockville Centre, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Overall a very nice place to stay in a convenient location. Pleasantly surprised with the breakfast provided in the morning and the free coffee station provided 24/7. Staff was very friendly and accommodating.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

We are glad you had a enjoyable stay. I will share with our staff the kind words of praise. .Again, let me thank you for your kind words. We're committed to total guest satisfaction, and we look forward to your next visit
lynchburg, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

This property is located on Bypass-60, just minutes from the Colonial Williamsburg historical area, and outlets/dining. It is a 5-floor facility. Beautiful landscaping. Our room had 2-queen beds, with very tasteful decor, including a business desk with internet connections. WiFi also available, no charge. Beds/pillows extremely comfortable, white duvet covers. Lovely bathroom with marble vanity. Super clean room. Housekeeping staff pleasant and professional. We were on the 5th floor, but had no problems with elevators. No noise issues, either. We did not use the pool during our stay, but checked it out and saw that many guests were happily enjoying it. The reception staff were excellent. There were complimentary fresh-baked cookies in the evening. Free breakfast in the morning, included baked goods and a few hot dishes. Make your own waffles. We were very satisfied with this facility - including both with the staff and the overall cleanliness and appearance of it. The price and location add to the appeal. I would definitely stay here again on my next visit to Williamsburg, and am happy to recommend this facility to everyone.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

thank you for your time to share your experience.Given the very nature of the hotel business, the hours are long and demanding. Day or night, good service depends upon people willing to give their very best at all times. That's why it's truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our
staff’s efforts, and takes the time to say thank you
Baltimore, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

We stay here every time we visit Williamsburg to see our daughter and we continue to be pleased. The suite is really spacious, well laid out, clean and functional. The bed and the desk are particularly well-done, with the bed being very comfortable and the desk being nice and large. We enjoy the free breakfast and the hospitality of the front desk staff, kitchen staff and the housekeeping staff. We highly recommend this hotel to parents of college students and those visiting other travel attractions in the area.

Room Tip: Choose a room on an upper floor opposite the highway side
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
GM706, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Williamsburg-Central, responded to this review, April 27, 2013
We do appreciate your loyalty.It's our pleasure to meet our guests expectations and strive to provide service and comfort that will result in a returning guests. I will share your kind words with all of our team members.
Thank you and we cant wait to see you back !!!!

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Williamsburg-Central? Share your experiences!