“Excellent stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 79 Hotels in Williamsburg
Palm Harbor, Florida
“Excellent stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

We read the reviews and decided to stay here when visiting the area. The hotel was clean and the staff was wonderful. The room was nice, clean and cool and very comfortable. The location was fairly close to everything we wanted to do and the breakfast area was large - though it did fill up quick. The food was adequate and plentiful and they were constantly filling up the bins. We totally enjoyed our stay and will stay here again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

We stayed a long weekend over the 4th of July to take our kids to Colonial Williamsburg and Busch Gardens.  We were greeted with friendly front desk staff who had tickets, maps and everything we needed for our itinerary.

The rooms were very large and clean and the beds were quite comfortable.  We enjoyed the indoor and outdoor pools in the afternoon while we had some down time.  The complimentary breakfast was more than what we expected!! The perfect start to our day...we only wished the breakfast area was not so crowded, but we realized it must have been a very busy weekend!  We plan to return to this hotel in the future!

• Stayed July 2011
Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

Nice hotel, plenty of free parking, friendly staff and a clean, updated decor. It is located between the shopping outlets and Busch Gardens/Colonial area with easy access. Our room had two queen beds and a well appointed bathroom (and finally, they include a night lite). It has an indoor/outdoor pool although the kids said it was too briny. The indoor pool area was also too warm. Breakfast was below average as free hotel breakfast's go--next time I'll get a cheaper hotel without breakfast and go out.

Now, the purpose of a hotel is to provide a good night's sleep. If they can't offer that then what's the point. I've spent 50+ nights in hotels this past year and this Hampton Inn comes up a little short for me. Their beds are too firm and the HVAC unit is constantly cycling on/off. The bedding was quite nice though. However, given my restless nights and a rather poor breakfast selection, I'll go elsewhere next time I'm in town for a visit. There are just too many choices to give this Hampton another go.

Room Tip: Stay away from large groups' rooms - they're noiser.
Cary, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

We stayed at the hotel for two nights with our grandsons while we toured Williamsburg. The hotel was very clean and the rooms were large and comfortable. The morning breakfast was more than adequate and coffee & tea were available throughout the day.
The staff was very polite and helpful. Previously, we had been disappointed in accomodations available in Williamsburg. The hotels always seemed in need of renovation and cramped. This hotel was a real find & we intend to return on future trips.

The staff was extremely polite and helpful

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

Stayed at this location for the weekend. Isabella, the Front Desk agent, assisted me in getting an early check-in. I needed a rollaway bed and she ensured that the bed is in our room when we returned. She even called me to let me know that it has been delivered. Great job! Everyone was very accommodating and helpful. The hotel and rooms were very clean.
Thank you for a wonderful stay!!!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

First off I will say that it's a real shame that this hotel is nice, but a rude staff and a rude manager will RUIN anything. We stayed at this hotel from June 6th 2011 to June 10th 2011. I am a seasonal employee who stayed at this property, every morning my friend would wake up with bites on her, since we were going to the water park during the day and then out at night we just assumed that it was from being outside. On the 2nd day of our stay there was a cockroach in one of our beds, we called the front desk and the lady who barely spoke English came up and got it, apologized and said this hotel NEVER has bugs. As an employee I know that it's possible for ANY property to have bugs, so I shook it off. On the last morning of our stay my friend woke up with bug bites on her stomach, I then knew that it wasn't from being outside, she works in property management and decided to take the bed apart and look for bedbugs. We removed the sheets from the mattress and found a tiny bedbug crawling around. We immediately called the front desk and demanded that a manager come to the room, 45 minutes later we were still waiting. During the said 45 minutes we videoed this little critter crawling around and took pictures. My friend decided to grab a housekeeper from the hallway; the housekeeper came in and said she would call her manager. The housekeeping manager came in and said "eww what's that. She had on rubber gloves and SQUASHED the bug with her finger, killing it. She said “I don’t know what bedbugs are, I’ll can call the manager at the COMFORT INN across the street and see if they can look at them". She then took the dead bug and put it in a cup along with some other dead ones we had found and took it to the desk; we called guest assistance and demanded to speak to the manager who was "off of the property". Guest assistance called the front desk and asked for a manager, we were told he would be back to the property and would speak with us directly. The manger called back while I was in the shower and my friend answered, he told her that first off what was in the cup was not a bug, and secondly he called my hotel and the person who answered didn't know who I was and that I didn't work there and he said he was not going to do anything about it. He was VERY VERY RUDE, and as a Hampton Employee I expect more and better from this person, clearly he missed the 100% satisfaction guarantee video training. I called my manger and she verified that she did not speak to the manager and that it was a front desk employee who wouldn't know that I worked there anyway since I am a seasonal employee. I called back to the desk and spoke with the manger who would not even let me get a word in, I explained to him that I was in fact an employee and that he could call my manger to confirm and he said that he was not going to do that, he said I was lying that there were no bedbugs, I tried to explain to him that we had pictures and video and he said that we made them up, even though they are clearly time stamped from the phone. He said that we needed to vacate the property immediately that the room was rented at 3pm today. I then tried to explain to him that I didn't care about the money that he was going to rent a room to someone else KNOWING it had bedbugs and again he said we had no bugs and we were lying, that it was convenient that we found them on the last day. He said that they were an award winning hotel and they didn't have BUGS. Well Mr. Guess what?? ANY hotel can get bugs, because the bugs don't care what award you've won. Well from now on, I'll be certain to a. NOT EVER stay at this hotel again, b. Contact the heath department and the newspaper about this man and his business, and c. check for bedbugs every single time I check into a hotel on the 1st night.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Wading River, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2011

Our room was exactly like the photos -- a King bed with a pull out couch, a kitchenette and a nice desk/table area. It was very roomy and comfortable for our family of four. Being a new hotel, it had lots of great perks, like tons of outlets in convenient places for charging your iPhone, iPod, camera batteries, laptop, etc. (Although the wifi was not too reliable, at times it took FOREVER to connect.)

Also had a great breakfast area, purpose-built with plenty of seating (in older hotels, you sometimes get the random, drab or crowded room which was converted for the free breakfast.) The free breakfast was better than most. Hot food as well as typical continental fare. A great little thoughtful detail was the "sack" breakfasts pre-made to go -- you could grab one from the front desk area, with muffins, fruit, and goodies to go. (Also nice: fresh chocolate chip cookies in the afternoon.)
The pools were typical, what I call "econo-pools." Basic, serviceable if smallish, clean but VERY chlorinated. Translation: kids will be happy but the adults might not be too tempted by them.
The only caveat is the A/C -- it's LOUD and turns itself off and on. We didn't mind as we are all heavy sleepers, but if you're a light sleeper, be advised.
All in all, we really liked the hotel -- location, staff, cleanliness were all top notch for a "less expensive" hotel. We paid under $150 per night, including taxes.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Williamsburg-Central? Share your experiences!