“Fantastic” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Oleta Tour & Travel, Inc.

Oleta Tour & Travel, Inc.
P.O. Box 466, Williamsburg, VA 23185
+1 757-253-1008
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 53 Activities in Williamsburg
More attraction details
Owner description: Family Owned & Operated, offering group or individual packaged tours to Jamestown, Yorktown and Washington DC. Ask about our Holiday Lights Tour available Thanksgiving thru New Year's! Charter Transportation for groups visiting or holding conferences in area. With 7 coaches, 2 SUVs & 1 Minibus in our fleet, Oleta is large enough to serve all your needs and small enough to offer personal one on one service.
3 attraction reviews
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

Took a private tour from Williamsburg to Washington, D.C.. Had a fantastic time. John (guide) did a great job!

“G-R-E-A-T tour company!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

We were referred to Oleta Tour & Travel after the motor coach company we were scheduled to travel with for our 1-day tour to Washington D.C. had to cancel our tour due to a vandalism event. We were VERY pleased with our tour. It was our first motor coach tour and my husband remarked he can see us taking more tours of this kind (we were traveling with our 3 children, ages 20, 19 and 11). All of my phone conversations with Oleta's staff were very polite and helpful and accommodating. Our tour guide/driver, John Brown, was extraordinarily polite and knowledgeable about the area. He was great and very helpful and genuinely seemed concerned that we all have a great trip. On our tour we stopped for breakfast that morning at a McDonald's and then on the way back stopped at Islamorada Fish Company Restaurant within the Bass Pro Shop in Hanover County, Virginia, which was a nice stop to end the day with. If I had to say anything negative about our trip, it's only that 1 day is not nearly enough time to see everything there is to experience in Washington, D.C. I can't say anything negative about Oleta! My husband and I are discussing returning to the area in the fall to be able to visit the city again and if we do, we will definitely call Oleta to schedule our tours!

Piedmont, South Carolina
“Knowledgeable and Polite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

My son and I hired Oleta for a vacation in Williamsburg. We were delighted by both Brian (who picked us up at the airport) and Howard Smith (who took us on a tour, drove us to Busch Gardens, and returned us to the airport). Howard Smith made the tour fascinating and his knowledge of the area was amazing. He would slow or stop the car to allow us to take pictures and tell us of things that had happened in the area. He "tested" my 13 year old son (in a friendly, semi-teasing manner) on what he'd learned and was patient with my son's chatter and hundreds of questions. Howard Smith was not only a polite gentleman, but he also had humor and was genuinely interested in us and in doing whatever it took to make certain we were comfortable and happy. The people of this company are exceptional and I recommend them highly.

Cadiz, Kentucky
“washington, DC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

We had found Oleta Tours on the internet prior to travelling to Williamsburg. Our trip to Washington, DC was great and our driver, Marc Smith, was very knowlegable. His driving in the traffic was excellent. Our group of four would definitely recommend this tour.

Visited May 2013
Fort Smith, Arkansas
3 attraction reviews
“Exceeded Expectations!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Our exceptional experience with Oleta began with the first phone call. We were planning a stay in Williamsburg for a week and wanted to spend a couple of days in D.C. The gentleman on the phone suggested that I contact my congressman and arrange tours of the White House, Capitol Hill, etc. We ended up arranging trips to Capitol Hill and the Library of Congress. Our driver, Matt Smith, gave us the best possible tour of DC. We were on time to our scheduled tours, never had to worry about directions and parking, and he arranged it so that we saw most of the outside attractions on the warmer of the two days and the museums and inside attractions on the colder day. He made the trip especially meaningful and exciting for our 8, 11 and 13 year old daughters. He gave them something to look for or discover about each monument that we saw. They were so excited to get out of the car to see if they could discover the answer to his question. His knowledge of the landmarks, monuments and buildings was fantastic. We would call or text him when we were ready to be picked up and he was there quickly. When we were spending time inside, it was convenient to be able to leave bags and coats in the car since we were being dropped off near the entrances. This is the best way for someone unfamiliar with DC to see as much as possible in a short amount of time. This is a trip my family will remember forever.

Visited March 2013