“Excellent food and service!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Le Yaca French Restaurant

Le Yaca French Restaurant
1430 High St, Suite 801, Williamsburg, VA 23185 (Formerly Le Yaca)
+1 757-220-3616
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Le Yaca French Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 341 Restaurants in Williamsburg
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Le Yaca began in a tiny, country village(Courchevel)in the French Alps in 1964.Daniele Bourderau & Gerard decided that it would be fun to open a small restaurant. When friends learned of their plans they told the hopeful restaurateurs that they were crazy to think that people would drive 8 kilometers on a winding, icy road for dinner.Daniele and Gerard hesitated for 3 months and then decided: “yaca le faire,” a contraction of the French phrase “ il n’y a qu’a le faire” which basically means “let’s do it.” They called the restaurant Le Yaca as a gag. But the name caught on with customers, who were amused by the pun and contributed to the restaurant’s lore by inventing “yaca-isms ” of their own: yaca y aller (let’s go). Daniele came to the United States & opened Le Yaca in Williamsburg.Daniel Abid bought le Yaca in 2001. Daniel worked and trained in such prestigious places as “Le Pre Catelan” and “Lenotre” in Paris; “L’Amandier” and “Roger Verge" and to top it all off “Alain Ducasse.”
South Burlington, VT
“Excellent food and service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

I had dinner last night at Le Yaca, based in large part on all the good reviews that I had read about it. I was not disappointed. The food was excellent, and so was the service. I had the veal scallopini, with mushrooms in calvados cream sauce; it was magnificent. The veal was tender, so were the mushrooms, and the sauce was fantastic. It was accompanied by a separate little side dish of some type of potatoes au gratin....wow! I would have licked the bowl if I could have!! For dessert, I had a poached peach in creme anglaise with a raspberry coulis. It was the perfect ending...so light and flavorful! Amazing.

The service was attentive, and the hostess/owner came by several times to ask how things were. It was a nice personal touch.

Don't let the fact that this restaurant is located in a small shopping mall influence or dissuade you. It is well worth a visit. I'm just in the area for a few days, but I'd go back in a heartbeat. I recommend it highly!

• Visited March 2013

Williamsburg
“Amazing Brunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

My husband and I visited for brunch, and boy were we in for a treat. The atmosphere was wonderful, the food divine and the grand marnier souffle dessert out of this world. The wait staff was right ontime but didn't overly hover. We don't get there often, but when we do, we are never disappointed. Thank you for a wonderful experience. We look forward to doing it again soon!

Visited July 2012
Williamsburg, VA
“Great Every Time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Some friends had done a favor for us and since they had never eaten at Le Yaca we decided to take them there for lunch. It was a chilly day and we were greeted by a fire that warmed us even though we sat a bit away from it. Our meal was excellent. The gentleman selected liver because he likes it but his wife doesn't want to cook it! She had pork, and my husband and I had crepes and steak. They were all excellent meals and I encourage anyone who wants a delicious meal served with good service and lovely atmosphere to patronize Le Yaca. We also like to go to their Sunday brunch when there is a special occasion as the chocolate croissants are heavenly.

• Visited February 2013
Norfolk
“Fabulous!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

If you appreciate food elevated to an art form, you'll love Le Yaca!
The service is impeccable, the food was unbelievable.
Went there on a rainy night, way underdressed in t-shirt, jeans & sneakers (I'm not a shirt & tie nor particularly high end French type) and was treated like a king. Nice conversation with one of the owners who was genuinely warm & appreciative of my business and food I've never experienced anywhere else in my life!

I had the 5 course special. Starters were several hors d'oeuvre, each artful, creative and delicious. The BEST French Onion Soup I've ever had, Twin Filet Mignons each done differently with individual sauces (to die for), followed by a colorful dessert of 3 scrumptious creations!

Having nothing to compare it with, I assume this is world Class French cuisine. I'll never forget my first trip. Friendly, welcoming, delicious!

GO!!!!!

• Visited November 2012
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Fantastic French Cuisine with accent and all the trimmings!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

This was a visit to a location where some of our family had eaten previously and for the first time for some of us as well. With a party of 7, we were seated in the main dining area and were immediately greeted by the owner who welcomed us with a genuine French accent and who promised us an extraordinary dining experience. We were not disappointed. There was a choice of the ala carte menu or the prie fixe menu. We selected the 3-course prie fix which included several first courses including an authentic pureed french onion soup, a fresh salad or the soup of the day which was creamed squash. Everyone was enthralled with their personal choice. The second course included 5 different entrees. Our table of 7 selected 5 different entrees. Leading the way was a Pepper-crusted Beef Tenderloin and a jumbo lump crab cake. Another popular choice was a North Carolina grown white fish served in a casserole dish with a cream dressing. Once again, there were accolades all around. Numerous dessert choices made up the 3rd and final course but the most popular was the Le Soufflé Grand Marnier. It's such a special dish that requires 25 minutes of preparation that you must order it at the start of the meal. The service was superb. The food was exquisite. The prie fixe menu at $37 per person was a super value. This location is a true 100% winner. Be sure to make reservations. There is even a 9 course dining choice offered at $150 per person. We can't wait to go back to try that. As a previous reviewer has noted.\, it's bound to be worth every penny. Oh did I mention the ambiance? Try the Burgundy Room for an even more romantic treat!

• Visited February 2013