“My sister's birthday getaway!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bentley Manor Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Williamsburg
Bentley Manor Inn
720 College Terrace, Williamsburg, VA 23185   |
Ranked #1 of 26 Williamsburg B&B and Inns
Courtland, Virginia, United States
“My sister's birthday getaway!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I highly recommend the Bentley Manor Inn!!! It is 5 STARS all the way. The owners a beautiful team that knows how to make you feel so welcome. Their home is beautifully decorated.The breakfast was so delicious. Thank you Jane and Fred for making my Sister's birthday so very special!!!

Room Tip: All the rooms would be great to stay in!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

214 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

My husband and I were just overnight in Wiliamsburg, and found Bentley Manor Inn through tripadvisor. We were not disappointed. It is a lovely and charming home with even more charming inn keepers. When we arrived we were welcomed with homemade cookies - and a glass of white wine before we went out to dinner. It is an easy walk to the College of William and Mary and the historic district. The breakfast was delicious, with a choice of omelet or homemade apple pancakes. We had leftovers from our dinner out and Fred kept them in their frig and prepared a zip lock bag of ice for us to take them home. They offered help at every turn and allowed me to stay long past the check out time, waiting for my husband to finish his golf game. In every way, it was an excellent experience. We would stay there again.

Room Tip: The house was built over 50 years ago to be an inn, all four bedrooms are upstairs, each has its own...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

I highly recommend the Bentley Manor Inn. The home is meticulously appointed and maintained, all in a charming colonial style. Fred and Jane are fantastic hosts. On arrival, Fred took the time to fully brief us on the Williamsburg area. The breakfast they prepared for us and the other guests was generous and tasty. We would certainly stay here again on a future visit.

Room Tip: We loved the Governor Berkeley Room
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Ypsilanti, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

This B&B is located in a nice quiet neighborhood. We happened to be the only guests on a weeknight, but it felt like our hosts held back nothing. They were friendly and welcoming, helped us find a spot to eat dinner, included a little pre-dinner wine and cookies, gave us a nice, comfortable room, and a good breakfast. If and when we return to the area, we would certainly want to stay here.

Greenwood, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at Bentley Manor on our vacation to Colonial Williamsburg. We had never stayed at a bed and breakfast before, and venturing away from his old standby Embassy Suites was difficult for my husband at first. I did extensive research online and the excellent reviews convinced me to try Bentley Manor. From the moment of our arrival, we knew we had chosen wisely. Fred and Jane greeted us enthusiastically and were very accommodating of our arrival late on a Saturday night. They were extremely knowledgeable about the area and our stay was vastly improved by their wealth of knowledge. We stayed in the Thomas Jefferson room and my husband raved about the plush towels. The only negative thing I could say was the pillows were not as comfortable as we are accustomed to, but this was a trivial problem. The room was bright, exceptionally clean, and comfortable. Perhaps the highlight of the stay was Jane's breakfast. Each morning brought another delightful and challenging choice between a "sweet" breakfast or more traditional hardy breakfast. We both absolutely loved the sweet potato pancakes! We thoroughly enjoyed the company of other travellers over breakfast. The coffee is the some of the best my husband ever tasted and as a tea drinker I was pleased to find an excellent assortment of teas. Overall, the delicious breakfast is a wonderful way to start the day on a full, happy stomach! The inn is just a brisk walk to Colonial Williamsburg but conveniently off the main roads. I also cannot say enough about Fred and Jane's hospitality. We had to leave early to catch out flight and they graciously offered to have breakfast prepared 30 minutes earlier than normal to accomodate our departure. We loved our stay in Williamsburg and as we did not see even close to everything while we were there we will definitely be making plans in the future to return. I wouldn't dream of staying anywhere except Bentley Manor Inn!

Room Tip: The street light shone brightly in our room, so if you prefer a very dark room select one on the bac...
Lynchburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Bentley Manor Inn over a weekend in November 2012. The experience was wonderful. The owners are very gracious and accomodating. You can tell they love what they do and it comes through in their kind and helpful manner. We felt like welcomed guests. The home is charming, accomdations excellent and the breakfast's delicious. We recommend the Bentley Manor Inn highly. The location is very close to the Colonial Williamsburg center and College of William and Mary.
Howard B. 11-19-2012

Room Tip: There are four guest rooms in the Bentley Manor Inn. We stayed in the Gov. Berkeley room which was...
Charleston, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Our recent stay at Bentley Manor Inn could not have been better. I actually am very picky and spend quite a bit of time researching accommodations and I was not disappointed. We stayed for 4 nights and it just kept getting better and feeling more and more like home with Fred and Jane's gracious hospitality. They are pro's at serving incredible breakfast that causes one to have trouble deciding what to choose. Jane's seasonal selections are well thought out and delicious. I appreciated her going the extra mile with extra thought. Fred is great at assisting with check-in, the days plans, breakfast, and anything else one might need. We slept in Captain John Smith's room and the linens and towels were great quality, the bed was comfortable and the exceptionally clean. We highly recommend this owner owned inn.

Room Tip: Personally, I prefer both the rooms decor on the front of the INN. Captain John Smith and Thomas Jef...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Bentley Manor Inn? Share your experiences!