“Relaxing visit.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bentley Manor Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Williamsburg
Bentley Manor Inn
Save Saved
You added Bentley Manor Inn to your Saves list
720 College Terrace, Williamsburg, VA 23185   |
Ranked #1 of 26 Williamsburg B&B and Inns
Covington, La.
“Relaxing visit.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2011

We stayed with Jane and Fred at the Bentley Manor for 5 nights. Our room was very well decorated and spotless. The bedding was crisp and fresh and changed frequently. Our bath was large and spotless as well with all the amenities one needs. The rest of the inn was also tastefully decorated and clean as well. The inn is located within a short distance to all points of interest but is still in a very quiet setting. Jane and Fred have the perfect combination of personalities and abilities that it takes to be good innkeepers. They are friendly and very eager to please and have a wealth of information about the area. They work very well together and make you feel very comfortable. The breakfasts every morning were a highlight, always with a choice of entrees with fruit, juice, yogurt, coffee, etc. We enjoyed their company and that of the other guests that we would usually stay and chat awhile. We needed a restful and relaxing few days and that is just exactly what we got on this trip. This was our first visit and we wish we could return.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Governor Berkley room.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2011

Room was immaculate and nicely furnished. Bedding was lovely. Home is located a very short distance from the tourist area. Breakfast was delicious and we spent a good deal of time at the table with other guests and the innkeepers. It was a great way to end our stay.

Winchester, va
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2011

Every year my husband and I celebrate our anniversary in Williamsburg. I have in the past spent hours researching B&Bs in Williamsburg I am extremely picky about where I stay and the accommodations. This was our second year at the Bentley Manor Inn. Absolutely the best place we have ever stayed. We have found our home away from home and we will not stay anywhere else. We always choose the Captain John Smith room, the decor is beautiful and the bed is very comfortable.
We always feel like we are visiting relatives. Fred and Jane are so kind and hospitable, and the breakfast is wonderful. It is located in a lovely quiet neighborhood and is close walking distance to W&M and colonial area. I highly recommend Bentley Manor, you will not be disappointed.

Elkridge, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2011

Over the years I've stayed in quite a few hotels, time shares, etc. Bentley Manor Inn was better than any of the others.

The home is beautiful, nicely decorated and comfortable.

My wife and I are exceptionally finicky about cleanliness when traveling and this BnB was consistently as good or better than any other place I've ever stayed.

Fred and Jane provided exceptional, knowledgeable, friendly service - comparable to the level of service offered by Disney (and better than any other place I've stayed).

There is no question in my mind that my wife and I will want to stay at the Bentley Manor Inn the next time we travel to Williamsburg.

Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011

This BnB is definitely the way to go if you are visiting Williamsburg! It is a beautiful, clean home with great owners who provide excellent service. Fred and Jane were great. They treat you like they have known you for years. The food was great! We also loved the complimentary wine and cookies each evening!

I would highly recommended Bentley Manor. Extremely convenient to everything! Close walking distance to Merchant's square, W and M, restaurants, etc.

Room Tip: We stayed in the room in the back of the house with the largest bathroom. It was great unless you wa...
MOntreal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2011

Fred and Jane have a beautifully decorated, superbly clean B&B. We truly enjoyed our stay and recommend them to anyone.
We hope to come back to them in the future.

Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2011

Fred and Jane went out of their way to be accommodating. I arrived, having left India with food poisoning, and was not a great guest. I spent a large proportion of my time in my room. But Fred and Jane were completely understanding and for the four days I stayed at Bentley Manor, I felt like they were my substitute parents (and I am 44). They helped me find a doctor, and even came to pick me up and take me to the pharmacy for my medication. You just wouldn't get that at a hotel or motel. Ultimately, my stay at Bentley Manor was clouded by recovering from the sickness, but if I ever got back to Williamsburg (and I hope I do), I will be staying here again... and this time, I plan to be well.

Room Tip: All the rooms are lovely. This is a classic B and B, with the added extra of your own personal bathr...
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business

Been to Bentley Manor Inn? Share your experiences!