We had an amazing Presidents Day weekend stay in colonial Williamsburg. The biggest treat came from where we slept. I knew I wanted to do it up a little nicer than usual, but I was worried about the kids (7 & 6). I was right to worry. The Inn itself is really nice. Really nice. I felt everyone's blood pressure rise when the kids entered the lobby. That's cool - it's nice to have adult places. The colonial homes, however, are a very different story. You get your keys at the Inn's front desk and then you go "home". The homes are spread throughout historic Williamsburg, and most can be rented as a whole or split into up stairs and downstairs. Refinished in period style, they really get you into the colonial time-period. We took the upstairs of the David Morton House, which right next to the Capitol. We got a 4-poster bed and the kids slept in a room separated by a real hallway in a trundle bed. All had an amazing sleep. At night we strolled one block to the Shields Tavern for dinner. Here're some added benefits: free parking at your home, and you have complete access to all the Inn's facilities, which means the spa, awesome gym, and indoor pool are all yours. It wasn't cheap, but it was totally worth it.
- Also Known As:
- Williamsburg Inn-Colonial Williamsburg Hotel
- Williamsburg Inn-Colonial Williamsburg Hotel Williamsburg
- Williamsburg Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Gracious Country Estate-style Inn situated in heart of historic district. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia and Travelocity so you can book your Williamsburg Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.