“Superb Service!! Bar none the best” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Holiday Getaway Package.
Ranked #1 of 79 Hotels in Williamsburg
Alexandria, Virginia
“Superb Service!! Bar none the best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2010

This is the second time my wife and I stayed at the Inn. The first time was on our honeymoon. This time with our children. This weekend was the arrival of the big snowstorm.

I cannot stress enough the fabulous service and accommodations we experienced. From the check in staff to the doormen to the restaurant staff, we truly felt like royality!

The room was fantastic. The bed felt like a dream, the bathroom was so grand, we took advantage it. They gave us REAL bottled water, not plastic bottles.

The breakfast in the Regency was phenomenal. Everything fresh and plentiful! We also ate in the Restoration Bar. The food was also super.

We enjoyed it so much we are going with my parents at the end of April. Excited.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Stuttgart
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2010

I just spent the best weekend of my life at the Williamsburg Inn. I've stayed at the Inn 4 times since the mid 1990's and have always found it to be a top-not experience. I've stayed at luxury hotels around the world an find that the Inn offers a great value - very large rooms (compared to expensive European and Asian hotels), well decorated, and a super staff. Yes, you do pay a bit for this level of luxury, and yes, the guests are not likely to be the folks you'll see at the local amusement parks, but if you looking for a luxury experience - this is it. I'd expecially like to thank the Concierge staff - Mary and John - who went out of their way to help me out with some personal details which made the weekend a resounding success. One additional comment - it was a warm on the weekend, and the birds were chirping a bit loudly outside or my room - but it added to the romance of the weekend after we all survived a cold winter. The Williamsburg Inn is an absolute recommend in my book.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Chesapeake, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2010

We enjoyed a great one-night stay at the Williamsburg Inn over Valentine's weekend. I reserved the stay in January 2010. We stayed in Room 3296. It was a large, corner room with a king bed, couches and chairs, and a large bathroom. It was nicely decorated, very clean, and fresh (not worn). Service was excellent. We especially enjoyed breakfast in our room on Sunday morning. Room service was prompt, and the food was hot and bountiful. The preceding night, we enjoyed a nice dinner at Shield's Tavern. The I highly recommend the Williamsburg Inn.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Springfield, VA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2010

We had reservations for many rooms in the Market Square Tavern that were made quite a long time ago and confirmed one week before our arrival. To our surprise the reservation was not there when we arrived on December 30. The staff at the Inn were not very apologetic for a mistake they made, and even tried to make the leader of our group feel as if he had made the mistake. After quite some time we were given rooms but instead of having seven rooms all in one building we had to split up and have four rooms in one Inn and three rooms in another down the street. Not the way we had planned to celebrate a special birthday in our group. I could go on an on about the poor service, but I must mention the full 18% automatic gratuity for a table of 7 at the buffet lunch. We saw our server twice and once was to request a menu and the second was to request the check.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Williamsburg, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2009

From beginning to end, our stay at the Williamsburg Inn was first-class. Arriving just after dark, we got our first hint of elegance when we pulled up to the hotel’s majestic entrance. We entered beneath a large second story balcony, adorned with three evergreens draped and aglow with tiny, white lights. Fresh greens and wreaths accented the windows and doors. The hotel staff was warm, friendly and knowledgeable. The bellman who accompanied us to our room took time to orient and acquaint us with our lovely surroundings, offering helpful suggestions about the many activities and amenities, (including a new, world-class spa) available to us during our stay.

Unlike the “worn” elegance we’ve experienced at other reputable hotels of this caliber and age, we found everything about our room and the main areas of the hotel comfortable, tasteful, and impeccably clean. Recent renovations reflect an attention to detail. The bathroom was beautifully decorated and bed linens cozy. Our room was handsomely furnished, contained a working fireplace, and, befitting the holiday season, included a charming, little boxwood Christmas tree. We capped off the evening with an enjoyable stroll down historic, holiday-bedecked Duke of Gloucester Street.

After a restful night’s sleep, we consumed a tasty buffet breakfast in the Inn’s Regency dining room. Serving tables were laden with a wide assortment of fresh eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes, fruit, pastries and the like. We especially enjoyed the delectable lox; delightful, fresh berry smoothies; delicious, homemade granola; and the biggest, sweetest blackberries we had ever eaten! The wait staff was attentive and friendly; yet unobtrusive.

Our only regret was not having the time in our schedule to extend our memorable stay. Needless to say, we are already looking forward to our next visit to the Williamsburg Inn!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Gunnison, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2009

This hotel must have been decorated by someone who has never left the South. I am a world traveler, and was hugely disappointed. The clientele appeared to be over the age of 60, and they will soon find themselves with no more clientele. I don't even know where to begin. First, I paid over $400 per night and it doesn't compare to any other hotel of that price: ie Rosewood, Four Seasons, JW Marriot, Grand Hyatt, etc. Our room was huge impersonal. Everything was gold. The wall paper, the curtains, the carpet, the polyester bed spread. No other color.

No duvee. two tiny pillows per person and only one on the pull out sofa.
No blackout on the curtains so the light of the parking lot illuminates the curtains at night and makes them glow brightly.
Bring your own soap other wise you will have to remember where you put the little cheap bar of soap (nothing interesting) shower? Sink? Tub?
Old fashioned tv

Good things:
Sofa bed was large enough for 2 people in the room with the king bed they put us in the handicap room and my daughter found it ginormous.

Proximity to the town of Williamsburg?
The food in the restaurant was southern comfort food, we managed with 2 salads and the staff was friendly.

The ice bucket was not stocked and I was told to call room service to get ice which I didn’t bother to do.

My phone didn’t work, engineering never came and I called the front desk three times.

Don’t splash any water on the bathroom floor which is very slippery and marble and huge. There is one tiny floor mat.
You will need nerves of steel to endure the love songs that they turned into classical muzac while eating if you can keep your food down.

Remember to bring a box of tissues if you need any. There were none in my bathroom.
A side lobby next to our room and huge ceilings and the wallpaper and the curtains had the exact same huge pattern. It makes you dizzy and wonder.
Perhaps this is standard for the South? For much older people? Or perhaps, they can get away with old fashioned hotel service because of their proximity to the Colonial Williamsburg. I would never recommend going there again at that price.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Pasadena, MD
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2009

Attempted to book the Holiday Package at the Williamsburg Inn but was quoted much higher price. Was told that the Holiday package was not valid over the holidays. I was trying to book a room for three nights the last week of December 2009. I re-read the website page and there in small print, it said the Holiday Package was an Offer valid September 6–December 29, 2009. So,, I called back and informed the sales rep of their own adverising.. The second call I was told oh yes it is valid,but so sorry, only more expensive rooms are available. The ole bait and switch. I have sent a complaint to the BBB. The last time I book through the WIliamsburg 1800 History line, my family received a hotel that had mold and was musty and wet. I am giving up on the 1800 History Williamsburg Travel sites.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends

Been to Williamsburg Inn? Share your experiences!