My husband and I stayed at the Williamsburg Inn for 3 nights. At the end of our stay, I told him he could go home, I was moving in! This is absolutely the most luxurious hotel I have ever had the pleasure to stay in. The room was very large with beautiful furniture. A writing desk, sofa and two chairs, king bed, dresser, armoire for the TV, a vanity and seat in the bathroom. The bathroom was so large, had double sinks, a large shower and a giant soaking tub. Plus, a separate toilet. One thing I absolutely loved about this bathroom was that it had many storage drawers in the vanity under the sink. You didn't have to leave out all your toiletries. The room always looked neat and tidy. They provided a great bathrobe, 2 pairs of slippers, as well as a hair dryer. Plenty of towels and the usual toiletry amenities.
The hotel itself had several common rooms that were absolutely beautiful. Fireplaces and seating areas. I really wish I had more time to just curl up and read a book by the fire. I did see some people playing cards at a table and chairs in one of the rooms one evening. So welcoming.
The concierge had it's own large room with several desks and a few people to assist you. They were incredibly helpful in recommending restaurants and offering ideas of what to see and do in the area. In fact, they had menus for all restaurants in the area (bound in a book!), for you to look at to help in decision making.
There is also a pool and fitness room, although we did not visit these.
The hotel is within walking distance of everything in the town that you want to visit.
I could go on and on about my love for this hotel. We did get a fabulous deal on the price, too. 3 nights for the price of two. $287 per night. I thought it was worth every penny...or more.
I've stayed at many lovely hotels, The Plaza and Pierre in NY, Four Seasons in Philadelphia, etc, and this hotel far surpasses all of them. Perhaps it's the southern charm! The staff simply can't do enough for you.
- Also Known As:
- Williamsburg Inn-Colonial Williamsburg Hotel Williamsburg
- Williamsburg Inn-Colonial Williamsburg Hotel
- Williamsburg Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Gracious Country Estate-style Inn situated in heart of historic district. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity and LHW so you can book your Williamsburg Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.