“History made fun” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 78 hotels in Williamsburg
Lincoln, New Hampshire
“History made fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Outstanding is understating the Williamsburg Inn. There is no place that can match the unique atmosphere of Williamsburg, and the Inn makes the trip even more memorable. From your first greeting by the bell staff, who will open the doors for you, then the front desk, to the Regency Dining Room, the physical condition and the friendly helpful staff are number one. The concierge
Staff are amazing. And on top of this you have the colonial area where history and historical persons make history of our country's beginning come alive. I will be taking each of my grand kids there when each turns 8. Great history and the Inn makes it even better.

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms. Maybe you can even stay in a room Queen Elizabeth stayed in.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

307 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Scarsdale
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

Our trip to Williamsburg was so much more special by staying at The Williamsburg Inn, the service, rooms, activities, and grounds are Five Star, but we felt it was onw id rgw moar outstanding experiences we had in many years. Staff were so helpful in providing the right reccommendations for our grandchildren so they had fun and learned about American History.

In addition the gardens and walks through the Historic area to The Inn were not only a step back in time, but a memorable experience that our whole family enjoyed and will cherish.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Daniel Island, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

The Williamsburg Inn is a treat - and the staff makes the experience unforgetable. From the time you arrive and you are "welcomed home", to the beautifully appointed sitting areas with fresh flowers, the lounge areas, gardens etc. The Inn feels like your very own masion and you are waiting for George Washington to arrive.

The rooms are amazing - and beautifully decorated. This is a real treat.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
DC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

I had a junior suite for over $700.00 a night. It was ok. I really liked the bathroom. The bed was comfortable but it was not worth the price.

I ordered flowers at $60.00 and they were fantastic.

I ordered strawberries dipped in chocolate at $35.00 and did not get anything close to the cost. They were not fancy like the kind you buy in the mall. These were thin and appeared to have been dipped in a chocolate fountain, very plain and tasted ok. A child could have prepared them.

I ordered a cake too. It was expensive but the taste and presentation was very good. I had ordered it ahead of time and at the same time I made the dinner reservations and yet it wasn't delivered to the table. I had to ask for it. The staff was unaware I had ordered it. It was a Monday and the restaurant was not crowded at all.

Dinner and breakfast service was good. Dinner was costly and the food was a 3.5 or 4 out of 5. The meals could have been better. The rice was undercooked. Too much stuff piled on top of each other and some of it didn't go well together.

Breakfast was expensive but it was difficult to go anywhere else with someone in a wheelchair. $63.00 for two people and no alcohol is a bit much.

The cheese and fruit plate delivered to the room had a whole apple and a whole orange with grapes. The fruit wasn't even cut and presented in proper way. There was a few slices of cheese and a tub of cheese spread. I don't cook and I could have done much better than this. It was also delivered over an hour late and I had to go find out it. I had pre-ordered it too.

I was pushing a wheelchair and when I asked directions people gave me short cuts that a wheelchair could not cross and never suggested they could drive us to the Spa. The entrance to the Spa was on the far side of the block and down the street. They offered us an umbrella.....picture trying to push a wheelchair and hold an umbrella. It started to pour rain on our way and we got soaked. I learned later they could have offered us a ride.

The staff was helpful but was not good at logistics or planning or following through on the thought.
The hotel was a great location. Would I stay there again? Probably not. I spent a great deal of money and was not happy about the experience.

I told the staff and Concierge about my experience, did they offer to compensate me in any way....NO.

I’d rate customer service as a 3 or 4 out of 10. The service in the restaurant was good or I would have given the hotel a lower score.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Kennebunk Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

Staying at Williamsburg Inn is a must, if you plan to visit the historic city. Each and every time we entered the hotel, our every need was met, the room was fabulous, with turn down service every night. The grounds were well maintained and beautiful.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
London
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012 via mobile

The beautiful setting of this hotel and it's lovely decor are ruined by the rudeness of its staff. Service seems to be an affront to many of them, and they are resentful and keen to avoid duties like carrying bags to rooms.

• Stayed May 2012
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012

The is the best hotel is williamsburg, the golf course is excellent along with the food. I was there for a large meeting and everything about this hotel is wonderful. I am a Hilton Diamond Member so I notice everything - This hotel is a diamond. The entire staff is alsways friendly and helpful - Be prepared to pay a lot - this place is expensive though, but in the end you get what you pay for

Room Tip: Stay in the lodge
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Been to Williamsburg Inn? Share your experiences!