“Ok B&B - Clean, convenient” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Aldrich House B&B

Aldrich House B&B
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Williamsburg
Aldrich House B&B
You added Aldrich House B&B to your Saves list
505 Capitol Court, Williamsburg, VA 23185   |
Ranked #15 of 26 Williamsburg B&B and Inns
“Ok B&B - Clean, convenient”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

The house was clean, room & bed were comfortable. Bathroom a little small, but lighting in there was poor. Breakfasts were nothing fancy, but filling - Waffles one day, French Toast one day & Pancakes one day, with eggs, fruit & meats. Owner was nice, but not very outgoing.
Very convenient to historic downtown, could walk there easily. Met very nice couples that were staying there.
Can't say I was impressed, but it was ok.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I went in February for our one year wedding anniversary!We stayed in the Paton Room and it was beautiful!The whirpool tub and the super soft sheets were the best!Breakfast was delicious!We are definitly planning on going again!Thank you Tom and Sue for making our stay so great!

• Stayed April 2011
Eastern North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012

My sister and I were celebrating her birthday with a trip to Wililamsburg and we decided the Aldrich House B&B based on other reviews on tripadvisor. We weren't disappointed. We stayed in the Anderson room. With two king-sized beds and a sitting area, there was plenty of room for the two of us and the room would work for a family as well. We thought children would've especially enjoyed the climb up the ladder to the loft alcove at bedtime. Breakfast was very nice each morning and we enjoyed the opportunity to visit with the other guests. The location couldn't be better, so convenient to Colonial Williamsburg. It's a wonderful place to start your day and comfortable to come back to after a day of sightseeing and walking. Kudos to Tom and Sue for their efforts to make you feel at home and to make you want to come back and stay again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2011

The Aldrich House B&B is so very lovely. The owners (a husband and wife team named Tom & Sue) lovingly created a warm and homey environment. The decor is mostly antique or styled in a more colonial fashion, keeping in tune with the Colonial town of Williamsburg.

They are located walking distance from almost everything in Williamsburg and very near (by car) to Jamestown and Yorkville AND the outlets!!

The breakfast was delicious - there was always eggs and a meat, plus french toast or waffles.

Overall a lovely place to stay.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2011

We just return yesterday from our First Anniversary Trip to Williamsburg. We stayed at the Aldrich House on a recommendation from a friend of mine. We had a wonderful stay. The B&B is beautiful and Sue and Tom were so sweet. We enjoyed our breakfast every morning. They even went as far as to help my husband set up a nice surprise for me. We can not wait to stay there again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Florida Space Coast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2011

I booked 3 nights in Aldrich House while attending the "Under the Redcoat" reenactment in Colonial Williamsburg after it was recommended to me by some fellow reenactors.
They knew I was looking for a place close to the historic district that had a spacious room. Could not have made a better choice. An easy 5 minute walk has you right in
the historic district, I did not take my car out at all during the entire weeekend.
The B&B is beautifully decorated in an 18th century style that is tasteful and comfortable.
(you don't feel like you are in a museum where you are afraid to touch anything!)
On this trip I was a solo traveler and felt right at home. I was in the Anderson Room which has two king beds, more than enough space for one person. (it was the only one available at the time I booked) There are smaller rooms too, I'd say singles, couples, and families could easily be accomodated here. Breakfasts were more than generous, and featured egss, waffles, pancakes, breakfast meats, fresh fruit, etc., all nicely prepared and served. The "lady of the house" was out of town during my visit, so her husband Tom acted as host, cook, etc and did a fine job. He was welcoming and very
helpful. This was my fifth visit to Williamsburg, and I know that on future visits I will not
want to stay anywhere other than Aldrich House.

Room Tip: Book early