“First Anniversary Trip” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Aldrich House B&B

Aldrich House B&B
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Williamsburg
Aldrich House B&B
You added Aldrich House B&B to your Saves list
505 Capitol Court, Williamsburg, VA 23185   |
Ranked #14 of 26 Williamsburg B&B and Inns
Baltimore, Maryland
“First Anniversary Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2011

We just return yesterday from our First Anniversary Trip to Williamsburg. We stayed at the Aldrich House on a recommendation from a friend of mine. We had a wonderful stay. The B&B is beautiful and Sue and Tom were so sweet. We enjoyed our breakfast every morning. They even went as far as to help my husband set up a nice surprise for me. We can not wait to stay there again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Florida Space Coast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2011

I booked 3 nights in Aldrich House while attending the "Under the Redcoat" reenactment in Colonial Williamsburg after it was recommended to me by some fellow reenactors.
They knew I was looking for a place close to the historic district that had a spacious room. Could not have made a better choice. An easy 5 minute walk has you right in
the historic district, I did not take my car out at all during the entire weeekend.
The B&B is beautifully decorated in an 18th century style that is tasteful and comfortable.
(you don't feel like you are in a museum where you are afraid to touch anything!)
On this trip I was a solo traveler and felt right at home. I was in the Anderson Room which has two king beds, more than enough space for one person. (it was the only one available at the time I booked) There are smaller rooms too, I'd say singles, couples, and families could easily be accomodated here. Breakfasts were more than generous, and featured egss, waffles, pancakes, breakfast meats, fresh fruit, etc., all nicely prepared and served. The "lady of the house" was out of town during my visit, so her husband Tom acted as host, cook, etc and did a fine job. He was welcoming and very
helpful. This was my fifth visit to Williamsburg, and I know that on future visits I will not
want to stay anywhere other than Aldrich House.

Room Tip: Book early
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2011

My adult daughter and I stayed at the Aldrich House last weekend and had a lovely stay. The owners were very friendly. The room we had was very comfortable - mattresses wonderful (we had a room with two king size beds) and very peaceful. Breakfast was excellant with an egg dish, meat as well as pancakes (blueberry) one morning and excellant french toast the next. Very close to Colonial Williamsburg. I will plan on staying there again.

• Stayed March 2011
St. Mary's
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2011

What a wonderful stay we had at the Aldrich House Bed & Breakfast! From the moment we arrived we felt comfortable in this beautiful and very clean home. Tom and Sue are great and treat you like family friends. They had decorated their home beautifully for the Christmas holidays and it is within a short walking distance from Colonial Williamsburg. We have fond memories of sitting in front of the fire, with Christmas music in the background and the sweet scent of goodies being baked in the kitchen. Our stay was wonderful and we would recommend the Aldrich House whenever you visit Williamsburg!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Barnsley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2010

All round wonderful! Tom and Sue were very friendly and helpful. Breakfasts were huge and very tasty indeed. The Patton Room was very comfortable. Very pleasant and central location to visit historic area of Williamsburg. Would advise anyone visiting Williamsburg to stay at the Aldrich House!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Garrettsville, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2010

My husband and I felt at home here, and found the room to be very cozy and decorated exactly how you would like to see a Williamsburg B&B. The breakfasts were great. Sue made something different for us every day. You will fall in love with K.C. It was great being within walking distance of Duke of Gloucester. I couldn't have asked for a better place to stay in my favorite city for my 30th birthday trip. Thank you Sue and Tom!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Sykesville, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2010

We spent the weekend at the Aldrich House Bed and Breakfast and loved everything about it, especially their little cat KC. What a dear! The house is beautiful. Breakfasts were wonderful and the family was very helpful, giving information and tips on the area, sharing their love for the area. We would definitely recommend it to family and friends.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Aldrich House B&B? Share your experiences!