After reading reviews from other travelers, I had low expectations but booked anyway because of the convenience to Colonial Williamsburg. Our one bedroom suite, while far from the lobby, was roomy, tastefully decorated and clean. The mattress was firm--I really appreciated that. I did not see any of the maintenance issues cited by other travelers--I thought this place was very nice. The continental breakfast had many choices, including some cold protein items (yogurt & hard boiled eggs). Our room was very quiet and the exterior areas nicely landscaped. The location is next to the visitors center where you can pick up a free shuttle to Colonial Williamsburg. We were thrilled to learn that with our hotel stay we got free passes for all three of us to Williamsburg for our entire visit--this was a huge plus as a 1 day ticket cost $34 each for adults. I think this was a special during March however. We got a very good off-season price making this hotel a superior value for what we paid. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel, even if paying quite a bit more during the busy season.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Colonial Williamsburg Hotel, the Woodlands Hotel & Suites is located adjacent to the historic area and set amid landscaped grounds in a tranquil, park-like environment. The Visitors Center is short walk away and offers complimentary shuttle service around Colonial Williamsburg, tickets to programming and events, costume rental, multiple gift shops, and a cafe serving sandwiches, soups, snacks, and beverages. Hotel amenities include free Wi-Fi, a business center, fitness center, complimentary full breakfast, an outdoor heated family-style pool, free mini-golf, and a variety of summer family activities and games. The newest addition is a pirate ship themed Splash Pad complete with water cannons, double bucket water dump, ground sprays, a mini slide, and a wading pool for our youngest guests. Huzzah! BBQ Grille, a family-friendly, full-service restaurant is just steps away and is open 5pm - 9:30pm daily. (Tip: be sure to try the slow-cooked BBQ and let the kids make their own pizza!) Travel info: easy access to I-64; 20 minutes to Williamsburg/Newport News International airport; 5-6 minutes to Amtrak train station ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, AAA Travel Services, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Woodlands Hotel & Suites - Colonial Williamsburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Woodlands Hotel And Suites - Colonial Williamsburg
- Woodlands Hotel Colonial Williamsburg