Spent one night at this property, unfortunately it was raining so we didn't get to explore the extensive grounds. The check-in staff were very friendly and helpful, although it took a surprisingly long time to check in and out. The room itself was comfortable, bed was great. My only complaint is the dizzying wall paper. I don't get it, too much. The colonial wallpaper in the bedroom was nice but the stripes everywhere else made me really sick. We had a family gathering in the suite of one room and I couldn't look at people while they were talking, with the background of stripes making me dizzy, seriously weird. The breakfast was okay, standard fare and quality for a free offering. I was happy they had plain yogurt, much appreciated as it's hard to find low sugar options at the free breakfasts. All in all a good stay and I would return if back in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Colonial Williamsburg Hotel, the Woodlands Hotel & Suites is located adjacent to the historic area and set amid landscaped grounds in a tranquil, park-like environment. The Visitors Center is short walk away and offers complimentary shuttle service around Colonial Williamsburg, tickets to programming and events, costume rental, multiple gift shops, and a cafe serving sandwiches, soups, snacks, and beverages. Hotel amenities include free Wi-Fi, a business center, fitness center, complimentary full breakfast, an outdoor heated family-style pool, free mini-golf, and a variety of summer family activities and games. The newest addition is a pirate ship themed Splash Pad complete with water cannons, double bucket water dump, ground sprays, a mini slide, and a wading pool for our youngest guests. Huzzah! BBQ Grille, a family-friendly, full-service restaurant is just steps away and is open 5pm - 9:30pm daily. (Tip: be sure to try the slow-cooked BBQ and let the kids make their own pizza!) Travel info: easy access to I-64; 20 minutes to Williamsburg/Newport News International airport; 5-6 minutes to Amtrak train station ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, AAA Travel Services, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Despegar.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Woodlands Hotel & Suites - Colonial Williamsburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Woodlands Hotel And Suites - Colonial Williamsburg
- Woodlands Hotel Colonial Williamsburg