We had a little difficulty finding the check-in area upon arrival. Well-maintained building and grounds. Easy access to visitors center and historical sites by utilizing shuttle or walking path. We rarely had to wait longer than 5 minutes for a shuttle. Continental breakfast was convenient and included healthy options (fresh fruit!) as well as food our children (ages 10 and 3) enjoyed. It was very busy as we were there during the week, so there were many school groups, but I think the staff did a good job of keeping everything filled. Tables could have been wiped down a little faster between groups. We did not get to use the pool (I forgot to pack swimsuits...bad mama), but enjoyed the playground area and mini-golf. We ate at Huzzah's (on-site restaurant) for dinner twice. Staff and manager were attentive and friendly. We enjoyed our meals enough to go back a second night; selections included less pricier options and kid friendly foods. We chose a regular room with 2 double beds. It provided enough space for our family of four, and was clean and comfortable. Several things that made me a very satisfied customer...we arrived about 2 hours prior to check in time, but the staff was able to find us a room quickly so we could get over to the historical area in time to enjoy some of the last events of the day. Our room didn't come with a refrigerator, but staff was able to place one in our room for us. We visited as part of a family wedding, and needed a late check out because of some event scheduling; our request was granted expediently with no extra charge. We will definitely stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Colonial Williamsburg Hotel, the Woodlands Hotel & Suites is located adjacent to the historic area and set amid landscaped grounds in a tranquil, park-like environment. The Visitors Center is short walk away and offers complimentary shuttle service around Colonial Williamsburg, tickets to programming and events, costume rental, multiple gift shops, and a cafe serving sandwiches, soups, snacks, and beverages. Hotel amenities include free Wi-Fi, a business center, fitness center, complimentary full breakfast, an outdoor heated family-style pool, free mini-golf, and a variety of summer family activities and games. The newest addition is a pirate ship themed Splash Pad complete with water cannons, double bucket water dump, ground sprays, a mini slide, and a wading pool for our youngest guests. Huzzah! BBQ Grille, a family-friendly, full-service restaurant is just steps away and is open 5pm - 9:30pm daily. (Tip: be sure to try the slow-cooked BBQ and let the kids make their own pizza!) Travel info: easy access to I-64; 20 minutes to Williamsburg/Newport News International airport; 5-6 minutes to Amtrak train station ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com and Despegar.com so you can book your Woodlands Hotel & Suites - Colonial Williamsburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Woodlands Hotel And Suites - Colonial Williamsburg
- Woodlands Hotel Colonial Williamsburg