“Great place to stay - family of 4” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Williamsburg Lodge-Colonial Williamsburg

You added Williamsburg Lodge-Colonial Williamsburg to your Saves list
Williamsburg Lodge-Colonial Williamsburg
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   310 South England Street, PO Box 1776, Williamsburg, VA 23187   |
Hotel packages
Offers & Announcements
Holiday Getaway Package
Ranked #9 of 79 Hotels in Williamsburg
Mandeville
“Great place to stay - family of 4”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Stayed for one night, on our way up to D.C. Arrived late in the evening, front desk staff very friendly. Room was decent size. Very clean and well lit. Bathroom a good size and very clean. Went out for coffee first evening at a little coffee shop that stayed open late. Very nice. Next day, went for breakfast. Only complaint was the price for breakfast buffet - $20 per person. Nice staff though. Spent day visiting historic Williamsburg. Lodge is a very short walk to sights. Will definitely stay here again!

Stayed July 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
Delaware, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

We stayed at the Williamsburg Lodge over July 4th weekend 2014. It is a nice clean hotel with good food/restaurants. Within walking distance to the Revolutionary City and shopping. Staff was very pleasant, helpful and friendly! Would stay here again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Raleigh NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

I managed a conference at the Williamsburg Lodge in June 2014. We had a wide variety of attendees, so I was pleased with Williamsburg's mass appeal.

Upon checking in, I was greeted by friendly and helpful front desk staff. They already knew all about my group and asked several very intelligent questions about our attendees. Kathleen did a wonderful job of pointing out our location on the hotel map, pointing out the available amenities, and offering to assist in any way possible. This was my experience and that of many others that I spoke with throughout our conference.

My room was quite large, a junior suite, located just above the main drive. I was a bit concerned about noise, but never experienced any. My bed was comfortable with great pillows. I travel with my own toiletries, but housekeeping staff did leave fresh soap each day. The bathrooms, though small, were well laid out. Watch out for the door stop on the bottom of the bathroom door. I only closed my bathroom door twice, but I banged my foot with that door stop both times! OUCH!

Our conference took up the majority of the meeting spaces throughout the week. The spaces were bright and attractive, and the spaces were set as we had asked. We had enough space to spread out and move around easily. The audio-visual staff did an excellent job for us throughout, though we had most of our own equipment. We had one group that was happily boisterous and caused problems for the quieter group adjacent to them. Staff were willing and able to move them to another space where they would not have to quiet down! Very nice!

We fed our attendees breakfast and lunch each day and had one planned evening function. The food was very good. In particular, the sides were amazing! We had a marinated tomato and cucumber salad that was so good and a dish of marinated peppers was a huge hit. I think we were able to accommodate our vegetarian and lactose intolerant attendees quite nicely.

I did not eat in Traditions, though we were able to offer things off of the Traditions menu a couple of nights when we ate in the bar. I had a wonderful Caesar salad, the romaine lightly grilled, that was terrific! The bar staff were so much fun, Parrish and Shannon were the two that I remembered best. They had some very nice draft beer options. Because we were there during World Cup play, the bar and back bar room were full most evenings. My attendees really enjoyed being able to gather there together.

Because we were in the hotel for five full days, we had a chance to encounter LOTS of Lodge staff. Every single person we came into contact with greeted us every single day. Not one time did staff walk past without speaking. Everyone commented on how lovely the staff were to everyone of us. The Lodge has a fabulous crew of Conference Concierges who were helpful at every single turn. We could run over, make a quick request, and get back to work - knowing that they would handle it. Must say, that was really wonderful for my staff and me. And, the sales and banquet staff were equally amazing. It's a big conference, over several days - nerves are going to fray - but we had a wonderful event in large part thanks to them!

Our attendees were allowed to pre-order tickets at a reduced rate, for the duration of our stay. Everyone who took advantage of this activity enjoyed the Colonial Williamsburg village. Being able to come and go as they pleased during the week and weekend. Those who used the spa and played golf had only good reports of service and about staff. Those attendees who used the fitness center were also quite pleased.

All in all, a really great week at the Williamsburg Lodge. We look forward to being back next year!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Bremerton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

This lovely hotel has the modern convenience you would expect in a four star hotel within easy walking distance of the western end of Colonial Williamsburg. My room was on the ground floor, with the added surprise of a sliding glass door which provided access to the courtyard. There were even two wooden rocking chairs provided for relaxing.

The drawback I mentioned had to do with the restaurant. The food at the buffet was average, but when I picked up the first plate on the stack, it was dirty, top and bottom. The same was true of the next one, and the next. After nine plates, I decided to try a different stack, with the same results. The situation a little better the next morning, but there were still dirty plates stacked for the buffet.

Room Tip: Rooms on the ground floor have access to the courtyard.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Melissa M, General Manager at Williamsburg Lodge-Colonial Williamsburg, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
I am disappointed that you did not have an enjoyable dining experience at Traditions. This is certainly not the kind of news we like to hear and I have shared your feedback with department leaders for immediate follow up. I apologize for any inconvenience. I am pleased, however, that this was the exception to the rest of your stay, and I hope it will not deter you from returning to visit the Williamsburg Lodge in the near future. We will get it right.
Rochester, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

This is the second time I have stayed at Colonial Williamsburg, and the main advice I would have is to stay on the grounds at either one of he colonial houses, the Williamsburg Lodge, or the Williamsburg Inn. Once 5:00 hits, the crowds disappear, and you can walk the old streets of Williamsburg and attend evening programs in a more natural state. Most of the historic buildings are closed, BUT the historic taverns are open for dinner (reservations) and some of the shops are still open till 6 or 9 PM.

Plus, the shopping district attached to the west end of the historic district is open late. Don't waste precious time shopping during the day and shop at night instead. Yes, you should visit the colonial shops to look inside, but save most of you shopping for after closing.

The Williamsburg Lodge is very nice. The staff is incredibly friendly and helpful. The rooms are immaculate. The services are great. PLUS, you get a great discount on tickets and shopping from the hotel concierge. I bought my tickets online, thinking it was the only way to save on tickets, but the concierge refunded those tickets to give me their discount, which I believe saved $30. That is a great savings to offset the cost of the lodge. And, you get to park right at the lodge without having to go through the Visitors Center. They let us park all day on the day we checked out, which was greatly helpful, being able to leave shopping items in our car, and only walking steps to the historic district instead of needing to take a bus.

They also have a pool and spa, but we didn't have time to use those. The beds were extremely comfortable. My granddaughter was excited that they gave her a huge fresh bi-color rose on her breakfast tray, even though she only ordered Frosted Flakes. I just wish we had an extra day or two to stay here. I hope I will be back!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Federal Way, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

We read a couple negative comments about the Williamsburg Lodge before our planned trip there, so were pleasantly surprised to find otherwise when we arrived. Our guest rooms were CLEAN; loved the Colonial decor and the people that work there - friendly and helpful. True, one day our room wasn't made up until after 5pm (that was not cool!) The pub bartenders and wait staff were very accommodating; they had the best bar snacks anywhere and their specialty pork sandwich was worth our stop there! We were here as part of a conference - so didn't have time to indulge in some of their (spa) ammenities (which did look a bit too expensive) or the pool, but all conference rooms were well taken care of. The main restaurant was also a bit on the expensive side, but lots of great restaurants in the area to visit as an alternative. The AV staff was also very willing to help. Overall, we enjoyed our stay here and our Colonial Williamsburg experience.

Room Tip: TNext time, I would request the main building.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Melissa M, General Manager at Williamsburg Lodge-Colonial Williamsburg, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Thank you for being recent guests at The Williamsburg Lodge! I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We strive to offer our guests an extraordinary experience with warm hospitality and are thankful you chose to spend a few days with us. I look forward to welcoming you back often and soon!
Troy, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

We arrived on a Wednesday afternoon for a two night stay. We were in Town to visit Colonial Williamsburg and were thrilled to find out upon arrival how close the Lodge is to the Revolutionary City. We were given a room in the newest section - the Tyler/Nicholas wing - on the 2nd floor, away from any stairs or entrances. This building also happens to be the closest to CW, although all sections of the Lodge are certainly walking distance. The size of the room was standard, and was set up as most 2 queen hotel rooms are. It was nicely decorated and very clean. I loved the bathroom - all white with black countertops - again spotless. The bathroom was a good size with plenty of room to keep my bags under the sink, which I find so convenient. Our room was extremely quiet. There was no hallway or outside noise. Parking was conveniently located behind the building. The pool was lovely, although you did have to walk across the street and up the block a bit to get there. All contact with hotel staff was extremely friendly and highly professional. It was more highly priced than the standard hotels in the area, but for its location alone it was worth it, not to mention everything else.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Been to Williamsburg Lodge-Colonial Williamsburg? Share your experiences!