“Wonderful hotel in every way! location, service, dining 5 star!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Williamsburg Lodge-Colonial Williamsburg

You added Williamsburg Lodge-Colonial Williamsburg to your Saves list
Williamsburg Lodge-Colonial Williamsburg
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   310 South England Street, PO Box 1776, Williamsburg, VA 23187   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
FREE Golf & Spa Package
Ranked #8 of 79 Hotels in Williamsburg
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Tampa, Florida
“Wonderful hotel in every way! location, service, dining 5 star!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

I visited Colonial Williamsburg last week (3/14-3/17) with my husband and 2 children (9 and 12). We had such a wonderful time and I am so happy I chose the Williamsburg Lodge. The location is great - you can walk to everything AND they have a shuttle in case you'd rather NOT walk. We stayed in a one bedroom suite which was very nice. The hotel is lovely and the service is some of the best I've ever had. Everyone is beyond friendly - they could not have been nicer. Even my kids (who are very well traveled) said "mommy, everyone is so NICE here!" The restaurant Traditions is also great - food and service for breakfast, lunch and dinner was amazing. The buffets were really fantastic. There is also a full spa/fitness center right across the street which was again, top notch. I loved it and the kids loved it. Large indoor pool and hot tub. We will definitely stay at the Lodge on our next visit!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

We recently stayed at the Williamsburg Lodge for a week, going early before a conference to fit in some sight-seeing. The Lodge is more conference centre than hotel, which may help account for the fact that the public spaces are more comfortable than the guest rooms. The staff were helpful, pleasant, and efficient -- no complaints at all there. The Lodge is also very conveniently located in the centre of Colonial Williamsburg. But our room, while clean and spacious, was oddly configured. The bathroom, and its sink, were uncomfortably cramped, and the fittings sufficiently cheap that they were beginning to fall apart: the nob of the bathroom cabinet was so loose it kept falling off, as did the lever that directed water from the bathtub to the shower. For some reason the quite small television was located in a cabinet at the side of the bed, rather than at the end of it, which made for skewed and awkward viewing. The bed itself was lumpy, and the pillowcases too deep for comfortable support (we ended up dispensing with them). The walls of our room were paper thin and offered little noise insulation: we could hear our neighbour's television late into the night and his choice of radio music early in the morning. So all in all this was a quite ho-hum experience. In the unlikely event of our ever returning to Williamsburg, we would probably try somewhere else, despite the convenience of the Lodge's location.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

Stayed in one of the suites at the Williamsburg Lodge for a few days in March 2014 when I brought my mother on a short vacation. Staff was very friendly, warm and accommodating. Loved that the suite had a separate bedroom and sitting room. The bathroom was large, with 2 separate sinks. We were in the main building, so we were very close to the restaurant and lobby lounge. Even though it's only 2 stories high, it was great that they had an elevator so my 82 year old mother didn't have to walk up stairs. I LOVE that the Colonial Williamsburg shuttle bus stops right at the hotel - how convenient! Had a package that included breakfast every day in the hotel's restaurant. The breakfast was great and we had full access to anything on the menu or the buffet. On Thursday, all egg orders at the buffet were made to order, and it was very slow - so slow I ended up just not getting eggs. However, on Friday, they had pre-made scrambled eggs available, and a dedicated omelet station was set up - much better flow. I also love that they have Keurig coffee makers in the rooms. I will definitely stay there again next time I visit.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Severn, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

The Williamsburg Lodge is a sprawling conference hotel and as such, doesn't have the ambiance of the Williamsburg Inn or Colonial Houses. The hallways are long and institutional. Our room, while very nicely decorated in a folk art style, had the smallest bathroom possible (I'm tiny and I thought it was a squeeze) and the room overlooked the parking garage. The hotel's breakfast was meh. On the positive side, the public rooms are lovely, the location (on the edge of the historic area) is unbeatable and the service (as always at Colonial Williamsburg) was stellar. Bottom line: it was okay, but I doubt I'll ever stay there again. The Colonial Houses remain my favorite CW hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Fox River Grove, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

Over the past 30 years I have stayed in hotels all over the country. The Lodge is right there at the top of the list for comfort, quality of the room, quiet, great food and warm staff. It really felt like I was staying in my own home! Steve from Roanoke, VA

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

This is second stay for us. I was a little disappointed in that the bathroom was not as clean as it should be. Dust and dirt accumulated in bathroom corners and crevices and walls with black marks us not what I expected for this accommodation.

• Stayed March 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

We got the weekend package to include the spa. Loved the accommodations. Great location just walking distance from Colonial Williamsburg and Merchant Square. Very comfortable room. Friendly staff.
We had drinks in the lounge and enjoyed a live jazz band. The second night we had dinner at Traditions restaurant which was fabulous.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Williamsburg Lodge-Colonial Williamsburg? Share your experiences!