This was our first visit here for a weekend workshop and this was the hotel chosen for our stay. Very nice clean comfortable rooms, very comfortable beds. Room comes with wifi, mini fridge and room safe. One small thing I noticed is that the TV can only be watched from the bed due to the cabinet it is enclosed in which was not a big deal but a little unusual. Access to the buildings is card key controlled with elevators to get you to the second floor. There is ample parking. It is just outside the historic district and a very easy walk to many of the attractions including the governors house, mansion or whatever it is called.
I tried to write a report on the restaurant in the lodge but it seems I can't write about it by itself so here is that review- tired after a long journey in the rain we ate in the lodge and my partners meal was fine but mine (pork porterhouse) was way to salty. I mentioned it to the staff who offered to replace the meal but I struggled through it. The next night we had enjoyed "several" cocktails and it was still raining so it was safer to eat in again and the beef tenderloin was quite good. For the third night we did something we never do, had dinner at the hotel for the third time in a row. Our by then "friend" waiter, Phillip, caught us on our way out and said we should at least check the seafood buffet. Where we live good seafood is hard to find and this buffet looked fantastic. Steamed or chilled crab legs, crab cakes, large shrimp, mussels, sushi and prime rib if you must have meat. The desert table had many selections. We thoroughly enjoyed the dining experience. My only disappointment was they stopped serving Yuengling beer after our first night.
- Also Known As:
- Williamsburg Lodge-Colonial Williamsburg Hotel
- Williamsburg Lodge-Colonial Williamsburg Hotel Williamsburg
- Williamsburg Lodge
- Williamsburg Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Modern lodging located on-site in Colonial Williamsburg. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Williamsburg Lodge-Colonial Williamsburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.