22 years ago we honeymooned at the lodge during Christmas -- back this week for some old fashioned merry merry with the kids - returned two times in between. Every time we've loved the cozy warm atmosphere of the Lodge. Last stay was during renovations in 2007? 2008? I was worried about what the change would turn out to be...but they did a spectacular job. Gorgeous mix of Folk art and colonial decor done perfectly. Much larger lobby area with many different areas to sit comfortably in leather chairs, the bar has the original fireplace (yay because my husband and I sat in front of it 22 years ago and stole kisses), the driveway is far easier to maneuver, front staff were helpful (they need some queueing instruction signs because people were hidden behind the pillars and other people would cut in line because they didn't see them.) We are staying in the new Nicholas Wing (or building); best location IMHO a block or two near Gloucester Street activities; rooms are lovely and spacious, nicely decorated, enough outlets, bathrooms large and nicely done, Keurig coffee maker with choice of four coffee pods. The only issue I have with the lodge is that there are a number staff chatting and chatting and chatting early in the morning while I was sitting in the lobby at 6am reading the paper and enjoying my Keurig coffee. The Christmas music was playing and had to listen to talk of an upcoming operationfor 30+ minutes; the next morning more chatting. Another person in the sitting area was also annoyed. But if that's my only complaint...then I'm being picky. Bottom line: our favorite place to vacation is on the Big Island with the Williamsburg Lodge a very close second.
- Also Known As:
- Williamsburg Lodge-Colonial Williamsburg Hotel
- Williamsburg Lodge-Colonial Williamsburg Hotel Williamsburg
- Williamsburg Lodge
- Williamsburg Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Modern lodging located on-site in Colonial Williamsburg. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Travelocity, Amex, Cheap Tickets and Expedia so you can book your Williamsburg Lodge-Colonial Williamsburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.