I definitely recommend Williamsburg Lodge for premium accommodations. I find the architecture and design--interior and exterior--to be eye-pleasing and enjoyable.
The Lodge is "flat". Although it has multi-story units, it is spread out like a college campus. Short walks are necessary to go to the restaurant, gift shop, or across the street to the Spa, and so on.
The location in Colonial Williamsburg is about as good as it gets. You can walk anywhere in the restored area, or you can catch the bus just outside on England Street.
My room was in the Tazewell building. This is not my preferred location, not because of the room, which was entirely comfortable in every way and well-appointed, but because this building brings to my mind a 1970's office building.
My photograph should show what I mean (see upload). On the left is one of the newer buildings and on the right is Tazewell. Perhaps you can see what I mean.
Please understand that Tazewell is very nice. My only problem was a spotty internet connection which was eliminated when the front desk sent me a network cable.
Parking for Tazewell is directly under the building in a car-park garage. This was convenient and free.
- Also Known As:
- Williamsburg Lodge-Colonial Williamsburg Hotel
- Williamsburg Lodge-Colonial Williamsburg Hotel Williamsburg
- Williamsburg Lodge
- Williamsburg Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Modern lodging located on-site in Colonial Williamsburg. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Amex, Expedia, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Williamsburg Lodge-Colonial Williamsburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.