We've been visiting Kingsmill at least once in each of the past few years and it just keeps getting better. To start with, the rooms are first class with nice furnishings and luxuriously outfitted beds. My wife and I loved the water flow in the shower and the dispensers for Shampoo, Conditioned, and Body Soap. But the grounds are what really set Kingsmill apart. The rolling hills, lush, well kept greenery, and the banks of the James River just make me relax.
Our kids like going too - there is so much to do. The addition of the Lazy River and water slides is the current highlight for them but they also like the indoor and outdoor resort pools also. They also like the playgrounds and exploring the banks of the river. This last trip, we rented a pair of paddle boards at the Marina and every one of us got to try it out. It is nice that we can take the Kingsmill bus to Busch Gardens and Colonial Williamsburg - just adds to the relaxation because we don't have to worry about traffic and parking.
We like to eat at the marina restaurant. Sometimes we just order a bunch of appetizers with drinks and watch the sunset from the deck. This past time, we had a nice outside table on the deck. We had drinks and entrees for dinner while listening to live music and watching a world cup game on the TV above the bar right behind us. It was a beautiful evening and a nice finish to a nice visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kingsmill Resort is situated on 2,900 protected acres along the James River in historic Williamsburg, Virginia. At Kingsmill, we invite our guests to experience a relaxing retreat where casual elegance provides the perfect backdrop for a stress‐free getaway. Guest can relax in 425 exquisite villa‐style guest rooms and suites overlooking the sparkling James River. Situated adjacent to Busch Gardens, 5 minutes from Colonial Williamsburg. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, EasyToBook, Odigeo, Hotwire and Jetsetter so you can book your Kingsmill Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kingsmill Resort Williamsburg
- Kingsmill Hotel Williamsburg