“Enjoyable Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 78 Hotels in Williamsburg
Niles, Michigan, USA
“Enjoyable Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

This resort was a good place to stay while we visited Williamsburg and the surrounding area. Staff were helpful and polite. Our suite was clean and everything we could have asked for. I appreciated the privacy of the resort as well. The pools were beautful. We did not use the golf course, but could tell that it was an excellent place to play. We had a package that included our breakfast, which was a wonderful buffet, and tickets to Williamsburg. I thought it was an excellent price considering the costs of comparable upscale resorts.

Room Tip: We requested a top floor, so that no one was walking above us.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (239)
Charlottesville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Had a quick overnight getaway with the wife to celebrate our anniversary. I had contacted the resort a couple weeks prior to our stay to inquire about what we could do there to celebrate our anniversary. I didn't hear back so thought they just trashed my email (or overlooked it). Upon arriving in our room, we were greeted with a nice gift bag waiting for us with a card. About 10 minutes after settling in, room service knocked and delivered chocolate covered strawberries. Great way to make a first impression! And I thought they forgot about my email!

The room itself was pretty standard. Bathroom was tiny. Didn't warrant the $200+/night price tag but the amenities and grounds make up for that. We have a view of the golf course and just stuck with a standard Deluxe King room. bed was comfy!
On our night there, we had drinks at the Marina before dinner at Elements. The person who waited on us said they recommend reservations for those that dine at the marina restaurant. When we arrived there just after 5pm there were probably 6 other people there. Definitely didn't see why reservations are encouraged. They must get packed later. Drinks were reasonably priced. Beers with $4-$5 and I think wine was $10 or so for some basic glasses. Great water view as well!

After a couple drinks at the marina we headed to Elementary for dinner. I had the gnocci (amazing!) and the wife has the chicken parm (she really enjoyed hers as well). Portion sizes were good. We were both stuffed by the end of dinner! prices for dinner were also within reason. I think a place called "Eagles" is known as being expensive at Kingsmill but all places we checked out were well within reason for price.

I will say that breakfast the next morning was expensive. $18.95 for the buffet! We skipped that and go a la carte. I ordered french toast and that was $13. It was very small 2. basically 2 pieces of toast (4 halves) with no side item. The wife got choc chip pancakes. Her portion was large (4 sizeable pancakes) but still cost $10 and that didn't include any fruit or anything else on the side.

The next morning, before checking out, we headed to the pool for a few hours. It opened at 10am and we were there when the gate opened. The lazy river was very relaxing and the waterslide they had was also was fun! Was packed but not overly packed. The staff was very accommodating and friendly. We even had lunch at the pool before leaving and I must say the food there was much better than expected. Better than your standard pool concession stand.

Overall, Kingsmills is a great place! Sure, a little pricey and the rooms don't match what patrons pay but the amenities more than make up for it. Would definitely recommend for a short stay if your are visiting Williamsburg. great for couple looking for a getaway and even families with young kids.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Concord Twp, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

At a reasonable 8 hour drive from the Cleveland area this resort offers plenty for adults and kids alike. The grounds are well maintained, the staff are friendly and the food is fabulous. We spent every day at some point at the pool and with 3 kids the food there didn't break the bank. Kids meals are $6 and are large enough to fill them up easily. Service around the pool was hit or miss, but you certainly are also able to simply walk up and order food or a drink if you need or want to. The lazy river and slide were a huge hit with my 10,8 and 6 year old kids. The other thing they LOVED was kids camp. We had them do this one evening to have an adult only dinner and when it was time to get them they didn't want to leave. For $30 each it was a little pricey, but the staff made the 4 hours they were with them really fun and they all got a shirt from it which made my kids happy. They got a choice of dinner and ice cream later and when we came to get them they were playing a very energetic game of capture the flag. I would highly recommend this if you want an evening out alone.
The marina is also nice, we rented a pontoon boat one day and jet skis another.
My only complaint would be with housekeeping. I'm fairly certain the only thing that was done each day was make our bed and hang up towels. There were spider webs on a light fixture and the counters and tables weren't wiped down each day. Overall I'd highly recommend it here, we'll definitely be back.

• Stayed June 2014
Chattanooga, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

We recently stayed at Kingsmill for our family vacation. It is such a wonderful place and we will definitely return. All the restaurants were excellent, the view of the river was absolutely beautiful and the lazy river (my son's favorite) provided entertainment for the afternoon. The rooms were spacious and clean. Our only issue was the A/C freezing up on our last night, which was inconvenient, but the staff worked quickly to resolve the issue.

Room Tip: suite with river view
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

My daughter and I arrived on Monday because the Hotel we were going to stay in was gross. Luis checked us in and he was personable and so professional and nice. The process was quick and he gave us a very nice room. The room was clean, the TV was placed in a weird spot so you could not both view from bed but that is a small issue but odd none the less. The tennis facilites were in great shape. They have a shuttle that takes you to Busch gardens that was on time and cool and very nice. When you want to go to the River Pool you call the front desk and they send a ride for you.

The River pool is why this cannot be a perfect score. The pool itself is nice. The lazy river is fun, but needs some rules. Kids are going the wrong way they are not in a tube and the lifeguard chair faces away from the right side of the river???? It would not matter because the lifeguard was on his phone. Not sure what the lifeguards do? kids were running and diving, yes diving in the lazy river which is very shallow, they said nothing. The food was good at the Lazy river but hte waitstaff were not managed well. When we arrived we sat down and 3 waitstaff in blue shirts were chatting by the bar with the manager who was in a black shirt they all looked at us and kept talking. I finally said to the teen, do I come up and order and he walked over. Um Manager...MANAGE. The computer system went down and he told his staff to stop taking orders. WHAT??? Don't make your problem your customers problem. Give them all pen and paper and you can send that into the kitchen and when the system is back up enter the paper orders. Not hard and that way you don't have a ton of customers waiting and when the system comes back up a run on the kitchen? Truly some management is needed there, not sure whose nephew got that job but he needs some help.

The checkout was lovely. The fitness center is under construction but when it is done it will be very nice I am sure. The resort is family friendly with water sports and golf and I would recommend it fully.

Room Tip: This is a large property. Make sure you know where you will spend most of your time and stay toward...
Bethesda MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

We go to KM at least once a year, sometimes twice. We returned two weeks ago. As always, the resort is beautiful, river pool is fun rooms are comfortable and golf is great. However, this time the staff were not as nice. At check in no one greeted us or smiled, and it was the same at the RIver Pool restaurant. The staff seemed frazzled and not with it. At Eagles, it took a long time for us to place order, eat and leave. The waitress was just slow. We were waiting for her a lot. We used to love Eagles's breakfast. Sorry they don't do that anymore.
The only improvement I would love to see is a bigger and better arcade and game room. The old one was not all that.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

Service was amazing! Every time a staff member passed you they waved and said hello. EVERY meal I had on the property was delicious!! The suite and all common areas in the resort are clean and well maintained. My husband loved his Sampler Massage at the Spa, I have mine tomorrow ;-). It was also my birthday and they sent chocolate covered strawberries to our room with a card. No complaints at all, I will be returning for sure!

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Been to Kingsmill Resort? Share your experiences!