“Good experience” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Augusta, Georgia
“Good experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Stayed here for William & Mary graduation weekend with family. Very nice resort. EXCEPTIONALLY friendly staff. The rooms were very clean and cozy. They did not have that utilitarian, "just for the boys" vibe that some golf resorts have. The beds were very comfortable for sleeping with nice plush bedding. The Bray restaurant was very good for breakfast with prompt seating and attentive staff. Because we were busy with graduation activities we were not able to truly experience all the resort had to offer. My husband spoke very highly of the limited golf time he was able to play. My siblings, who were also staying here, have all suggested that we plan another family visit--a "mini-reunion" of sorts so that we can enjoy a stay here again. The location is very close to W & M campus ( appx 10 minutes) without being smack dab in the middle of college town. The keynote speaker for the graduation who was some big level muckety-muck from D.C. with security stayed at the resort while we were there and the staff made us feel as if we were as special as he. Looking forward to my next stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Claudia-Kingsmill, Manager at Kingsmill Resort, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Dear BabyDoc1968,

We're so happy to hear about your pleasant stay! Thanks for the kind words--the staff reads all our reviews, and are always grateful when their hard work is noticed. We hope you choose to come back soon!

Claudia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (253)
Durham, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

There is plenty of room in the spacious condos, we chose a two bedroom and were very pleased. This resort is huge and offers everything. This is a great value. It's very clean and has comfortable bedding, you can't miss with this place.

• Stayed May 2013
Claudia R, Manager at Kingsmill Resort, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear PipeCleaner,

We're so glad you enjoyed your stay at Kingsmill, and were able to make use of the spacious suite and all our amenities. Thank you for choosing Kingsmill Resort -- we hope to host you again in the future!

Midlothian, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Great water front room. The aromatherapy massage completed a wonderful weekend! The staff was friendly and most attentive. My room was on the corner on the first floor, it was actually very peaceful, the only noise in the morning was caused by the native birds.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the James.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Claudia R, Manager at Kingsmill Resort, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear WSoninha,

We appreciate your kind words about Kingsmill Resort and we thank you sincerely! We are happy that you enjoyed your room, view and massage -- it sounds like a wonderful weekend! Thank you for staying with us and we look forward you hosting you in the future.

Warm Regards,
Richmond, VA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I attended a conference recently at Kingsmill. The staff was amazing! The food was creatively displayed at our events and very good. The staff was very attentive and everything seemed to be very well organized.

Due to the golf event happening at the same time, the resort was probably fully booked. I have stayed at Kingsmill twice, the first time having to leave my room around 2 am due to a late arrivals next to me who had above a reasonable limit of alcohol to drink and were having people over for an all night party. This time, it was not as loud, but I could hear the couple in the next room talking until about 1 am and I won't say what I heard from the room above me, since it would be X-rated. The walls are obviously paper thin, so be prepared for this when you stay there. Since I was there for business both times and not having an all night party, it made for exhausting days at the conference with very little sleep.

The rooms were nicely appointed, but I am ranking them poor for the inability to sleep due to the noise problem.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that will not have people booked next to it if you want to have a quiet night. Otherw...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Claudia R, Manager at Kingsmill Resort, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Dear Cassie2915,

Thank you for your praise of our staff and food--I'll be sure to pass on the kudos. I'm disappointed to hear about your unpleasant experience once in your room. It was indeed a busy weekend here at the Resort, and I apologize that our attempt to move you to a more quiet location wasn't successful. If you choose to return to Kingsmill, we will do our best to ensure your next stay is restful and enjoyable.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

The location is superb, but our one bedroom suite was on the second floor and every step of the guests above us, as well as anyone coming or going on the stairs made our three night stay less than stellar. The service in the restaurants both the Bray dining room, James River Marina, and the Clubhouse were not attentive or what I would expect for a resort commanding the per night prices they do. I'll admit I think that any local hotel would outrank this one for the noise level between the floors. Would I return, yes but I would ask to be on the top floor. Not fun to hear the neighbors every footfall in the evening or as they prepare to leave in the morning at 5 am. I wanted a restful weekend but had noise, showers, and noise.

And seriously...leaving me sitting without any drink for 5 minutes at any restaurant is wrong! Come on people, get it right. They do put on a stellar golf tournament for the LPGA. Abbé they should have the helpful event volunteers on staff.

I want to come back, but in a different room, and would plan my meals off-resort.

Room Tip: Ask for a floor with no one above you!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Claudia R, Manager at Kingsmill Resort, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear ThisisiT74,

Please accept my apologies for the noise and poor service you experienced during your visit during the golf tournament. I have shared your comments with the appropriate departments in our efforts to constantly improve our services. We do our best to remedy our guest concerns during their stay, and move guests when possible if their room does not meet their expectations. I am pleased to read that you plan to return to Kingsmill, and we will do our best to ensure your next stay is restful and enjoyable.

Savannah, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

Had an opportunity this week to play golf in a special event at the Kingsmill Resort. What a wonderful golf course. Brand new Titleist rental clubs, plush emerald fairways, challenging but fair greens and a most enjoyable day all around - even with less than desirable weather conditions. My hats off to the golf staff for a job well done.

However, my hotel experience was not as terrific. Not bad, but ...... For example, the Concierge was not on duty either evening that we were there, especially when looking for dinner recommendations. The front desk staff was pleasant but a bit overwhelmed with phone calls, doing the concierge's job, giving directions, oh - and checking people in. My room? It was fine and the amenities were ok. But there were constantly big flies in my room. I killed three, there were more in the sliding glass door track and the housekeeper missed them all. I'll let mgmt know about the above but the flies were a big turn-off. I liked this place and would come back but would request a different room and housekeeper!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Claudia R, Manager at Kingsmill Resort, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
We appreciate your compliments about Kingsmill Resort's golf facilities and we thank you sincerely! I will be sure to pass on your kind comments to our golf team members.

I apologize for the room condition--our Executive Housekeeper has seen your comments, and will take appropriate action. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward you hosting you in the future.

Best Regards,
Hampton, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the resort in April and had a wonderful experience. We stayed in the king size deluxe room, the bed was very comfortable and the veiw of the James River was breath taking. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful especially there is one very friendly young lady (Africa America) she really makes you feel welcome I wish I could remember her name. We plan to go agin soon.

Room Tip: Rooms with the James River view are breath taking - sitting on the patio/balcony looking out at the...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Claudia R, Manager at Kingsmill Resort, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Hi Jan M -- thank you for your kind words about Kingsmill Resort! We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and I will be sure to pass on your kind comments to our team members, particularly those at the front desk. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward you hosting you in the future.

Claudia

Been to Kingsmill Resort? Share your experiences!