I highly recommend Kingsmill! We had a three bedroom suite with a sofabed in the living room, two kings, and one room with two beds. There was a SLIGHT musty odor in ONE of the rooms (but I may have been extra sensitive to smell because a few others didn't notice). We loved the outdoor patios attached to two of the rooms with a nice view. I wish the grass was better maintained and that spiderwebs were removed from the side of the patio occasionally.
The kitchen was perfect and we would have put great use to it had we stayed more than two nights.
Service in the room was wonderful. One of our rooms wasn't cleaned because a person in our group was napping when they came by but he really wanted it cleaned after dinner and they came around 9 PM! (I wasn't thrilled that they had to come that late, but apparently they were there cleaning other suites around the same time and just were re-routed. Anyways, to management, your night cleaning staff is wonderful and very nice).
We also went paddle boating. Not an amazing view but it was fun and relaxing for a little bit. We did see some deers near some of the rooms on the top of hills.
I wish I could comment on food but we didn't eat.
We loved the pool area (one really beautiful indoor one and another outdoor). They had a good gym and activity center for basketball set-up as well. I'd suggest people come here if they are not looking to explore Williamsburg but just want a pleasant getaway not too far from NJ/NY/CT etc.
Our whole family, all different ages, LOVED it and commented on the comfort of the beds and the spaciousness of the suite. Don't expect a bargain with this place since it is a bit on the pricy side but the crowd is a good, clean family crowd.
- Also Known As:
- Kingsmill Resort Williamsburg
- Kingsmill Hotel Williamsburg
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kingsmill Resort is situated on 2,900 protected acres along the James River in historic Williamsburg, Virginia. At Kingsmill, we invite our guests to experience a relaxing retreat where casual elegance provides the perfect backdrop for a stress‐free getaway. Guest can relax in 425 exquisite villa‐style guest rooms and suites overlooking the sparkling James River. Situated adjacent to Busch Gardens, 5 minutes from Colonial Williamsburg. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Amex, Travelocity, Tingo, Expedia, EasyToBook, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere, Otel, Fareportal and Jetsetter so you can book your Kingsmill Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.