“Perfect place to stay to be in the middle of everything. The rooms are spacious and huge!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Kingsmill Resort

You added Kingsmill Resort to your Saves list
Kingsmill Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   1010 Kingsmill Rd, Williamsburg, VA 23185   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #14 of 78 Hotels in Williamsburg
Bergen County, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2012 via mobile

This place reminds me more of a timeshare than a hotel! I reserved a one bedroom suite for 3 nights, during Christmas week. I paid $179 a night for 3 nights. What a great deal! My room had a fireplace, a balcony overlooking the river, a full kitchen equipped with everything u could need, the living space was as large as a hotel room, and my bedroom was huge! The bathroom had a glass shower and was very roomy!

The grounds at the Kingsmill are landscaped beautifully and they are always working to keep the property pristine.

They also have multiple dining options to choose from and the
hotel staff was extremely accommodating!

I would definitely come back again and again! In fact I will never stay at another hotel in williamburg again.

• Stayed December 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (239)
Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2012

Kingsmill is a beautiful resort on the James River. The views are gorgeous and relaxing. I'm not a golfer - but I understand from friends that the course is good and challenging. Kingsmill is great for a destination vacation due to the amenities and services provided on site. However, It's a distance from historical, entertainment, and shopping attractions in Williamsburg. Some guest accommodations are within walking distance of the main buildings and restaurants and some require a drive. The steps leading up to my room seemed to be unfinished decking boards that were damp and slick. My king guest room was the size of a standard hotel room and nicely decorated. The bed and linens were comfortable. There was a flat screen TV and wireless internet. The bathroom was also nicely decorated and customary toiletries provided. The room was clean, however the baseboards and trim needed dusting and it needed a fresh coat of paint on the worn walls and the material on the chair was worn. My only complaint is the thin walls. I could hear every move from the people on either side - even the cutting on and off of a lightswitch! I kept turning the volume down on my TV so as not to disturb the other guests - but then could hear even more from the other rooms. For this reason I probably will not return to Kingsmill.

Room Tip: When making reservations be sure to mention any mobility problems as there are steps to many propert...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Alexandria, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2012

Took a last minute trip to Williamsburg to get change of scenery from DC, and Kingsmill was the perfect spot for our family. My husband had been there for several golfing junkets, but it translated well to a kid vaca. The pool, basketball courts and game room were perfect for giving my tweens a little independence. We were very close to all the historical and commercial attractions of Williamsburg, so it was extremely convenient all around.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Durango Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2012

I stayed two nights for a conference in a building that houses six units. Shortly after I checked in I heard people in the adjacent unit talking. Not talking loudly, just talking. I could hear every word. I thought Great, I will never be able to sleep here. Over time I concluded that the voices I heard must have been housekeeping staff. Because after that I never heard so much as a whisper. I had a great stay, excellent sleep, very quiet. But I attribute much of that quiet to the fact that my building was empty except for me. Other than that, great property, great staff, good conference services.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Richmond, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012

My daughter and I spent a day at the Kingsmill Spa to celebrate my birthday. The staff was terrific and the treatments were awesome. Highly recommend.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Annandale, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

Perhaps if we had had one of the larger condos people describe here, it would have been better. We booked a single room in "Building 18" and as previous people have posted, the walls and ceilings seemed to be made of paper. You could easily hear people walking around and talking normally, so when the unit next to us decided to continue their New Year celebration at 1.30 AM, the noise was incredible.
We asked them politely to turn it down, and they were very polite in return - without actually doing anything. We called the desk, who called the unit. If anything, it got louder. We had someone actually visit the unit, but they didn't hear anything - all of the insulation is on the OUTSIDE of the building, not between units!
The party sounded absolutely quiet when we left our unit to go to the main desk at 2 AM, but inside our room it sounded like we were in the same room as the party. I wanted to start driving home in the middle of the night, but my husband found the loud fan setting in our thermostat, which made enough "white noise" that we could finally get a little rest.
I've given this three stars because outside of the accommodation, the resort is very pretty, and the food is good. The staff is well meaning if not always great on execution, although some of them seem to have been there for a long time and really know their stuff (like Clarence in the Bray Dining Room - a really professional waiter!).
We should have stayed in one of the condos, I guess. Since several people have mentioned how noisy these units are, perhaps Kingsmill should consider actually DOING something about it.

Room Tip: Don't stay in "Building #" 18,19, 20, numbers like that.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Fredericksburg, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012 via mobile

The 2 bedroom condo had comfortable beds and lovely bedding. The units were well-equipped. Loved the wood-burning fireplace. Everyone was friendly and helpful. A nice place to stay during a sightseeing weekend.

• Stayed December 2011

Been to Kingsmill Resort? Share your experiences!