Perhaps if we had had one of the larger condos people describe here, it would have been better. We booked a single room in "Building 18" and as previous people have posted, the walls and ceilings seemed to be made of paper. You could easily hear people walking around and talking normally, so when the unit next to us decided to continue their New Year celebration at 1.30 AM, the noise was incredible.
We asked them politely to turn it down, and they were very polite in return - without actually doing anything. We called the desk, who called the unit. If anything, it got louder. We had someone actually visit the unit, but they didn't hear anything - all of the insulation is on the OUTSIDE of the building, not between units!
The party sounded absolutely quiet when we left our unit to go to the main desk at 2 AM, but inside our room it sounded like we were in the same room as the party. I wanted to start driving home in the middle of the night, but my husband found the loud fan setting in our thermostat, which made enough "white noise" that we could finally get a little rest.
I've given this three stars because outside of the accommodation, the resort is very pretty, and the food is good. The staff is well meaning if not always great on execution, although some of them seem to have been there for a long time and really know their stuff (like Clarence in the Bray Dining Room - a really professional waiter!).
We should have stayed in one of the condos, I guess. Since several people have mentioned how noisy these units are, perhaps Kingsmill should consider actually DOING something about it.
- Also Known As:
- Kingsmill Resort Williamsburg
- Kingsmill Hotel Williamsburg
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kingsmill Resort is situated on 2,900 protected acres along the James River in historic Williamsburg, Virginia. At Kingsmill, we invite our guests to experience a relaxing retreat where casual elegance provides the perfect backdrop for a stress‐free getaway. Guest can relax in 425 exquisite villa‐style guest rooms and suites overlooking the sparkling James River. Situated adjacent to Busch Gardens, 5 minutes from Colonial Williamsburg. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Amex, Priceline, Travelocity, Otel, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Kingsmill Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.