I will start with the fact that the Front Desk Staff (Tony from Baltimore and a lovely woman from New York whose name I sadly forget) were perhaps the friendliest people I have ever met. I was then directed to the concierge who sternly informed me that if I didn't maintain a handwritten slip of paper on my dashboard I would be towed.
I booked as a guest, presumably filling an empty room their timeshare members had not filled. After check-in, I was shown to the elevator through the CEO's hall of narcissism with photos of him with various celebrities, up to my floor which reeked of a sickly-sweet air freshener. My room was a B room, which meant it adjoins another room and is separated by a locked but paper thin door. Everything from the next room was audible; thankfully, they were only interested in having a conversation. The room was fairly well equipped with everything from a fridge to a blender, but no room for a bedside table on both sides of the bed. The toilet was like a jet engine but still took about 5 seconds of holding the handle down to fully flush. The Shower/Bath featured jets and bubbling mechanisms with a warning on the side telling you how to enter. You need to be a giraffe to do so.
No free WiFi or access to the benefits of being a member.
Overall, not bad. The personality of the front desk staff the night I checked in kept me from complaining in person.
My advice to Westgate: If you want to fill your rooms, fine. Treat those of us that fill your rooms when you can't with the same courtesy your give your members.
- Also Known As:
- Westgate Historic Williamsburg Hotel Williamsburg
- Westgate Historic Hotel Williamsburg
- Westgate Historic Williamsburg Hotel
- Williamsburg Westgate Historic Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Westgate Historic Williamsburg is located within a six-mile radius of attractions including Busch Gardens, shopping areas and restaurants. Close to the Historic Area, you can take a walk back in time and explore the 18th century. Go for a walking tour during the day, and then ride in a horse-drawn carriage at night. Westgate Historic Williamsburg offers comfortable, economical lodging and accommodations. The resort features include an outdoor pool, hot tub, exercise and game room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, AAA Travel Services, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Tingo and Otel so you can book your Westgate Historic Williamsburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.