“OK, but not up to our Westgate resort expectation.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Westgate Historic Williamsburg

You added Westgate Historic Williamsburg to your Saves list
Westgate Historic Williamsburg
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1324 Richmond Road, Williamsburg, VA 23185 (Formerly Heritage Inn)   |
Ranked #20 of 79 Hotels in Williamsburg
GreenLeadersSilver level
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“OK, but not up to our Westgate resort expectation.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2011

We exchanged 2 weeks of our Westgate Smoky Mountain timeshare for 2 weeks in Williamsburg. While it’s well situated to visit the historic sights in the area, it’s very small compared to other Westgate properties. The finishes are nice and it’s comfortable, just very small. We stayed in the one bedroom unit. It has a dining bar in the kitchen because there’s no room for a dining table. The kitchen is very small, but functional, with a full size refrigerator/freezer, range and dishwasher. The front desk and staff were very friendly and helpful. In the common area, there is a small library of books that is very convenient. There are planned activities as well. The pool doesn’t open until May 27.
The property isn’t very handicapped friendly. The front doors do not have an automatic opener, and to get to the handicapped units, you have to go through 2 more non-automatic doors in the hallway. The handicapped parking isn’t close to the main lobby door, which is the only entrance without steps.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Historic Williamsburg, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. It was our delight to have you stay us. We understand you had some concerns during your stay. Guest feedback is vital, so that we can provide the best service we can. We appreciate you choosing us for your stay and hope you provide us with the pleasure again in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Yonkers, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2011

Well I had great expectations. This is definietly not worth the money, I did the tour but so happy I did not buy. I am actually here right now. My allergies have been acting up since I checked in. The room is quite dusty. The elevator has a big sign to come and play at the activites center which is never open. I went down there several times and all the time it is closed. I finally got fed up and went to the front desk and demanded a answer. They had to go page a lady to go in there, and this lady did not seem at all happy to be paged there. I felt like I did something wrong by requesting for the advertised rec center to be opened. The "activity center" do no deserve the name. Extremely small- probably a little bigger than my very small studio. The only toy they had was a ball, and the arts and craft activites all cost. The only free thing to do was color or paint. There was also no structured kids activities. The resort sponsored activites all seem geared towards seniors, which seem to be about 95 percent of the guest. The have wine and cheese tasting, ice cream social and bingo, one each of the differnt nights I been here. I really wish I had spent my 3 days somewhere else, but this is paid for..Oh and they will say the have a playground, but when u check it is one slide and some mini spider web thing to climb on. Also they will say they have mini golf, but it is about a 10 ft put put. Last but not least they said I wil have a washer and dryer in my studio but when I did not see it and asked, as I have 3 children and do not want to travel back home with dirty laundry, they said it is only in the adjoining bedrooms and I will not be able to use it. I asked ok well do you have one maybe in the basement or anyone I can use. They said no.. there is a laundry mat behind us you can go to. That was just the last straw. Even a motel 6, has a washer and dryer somewhere on property for the customer use. They couldnt even open one of there many empty suites for 1/2 hour to let me use the facilities, i will never come back here and would have much rathered stayed at the $39 Comfort or Days Inn down the block. WIFI is also expensive and sucks

Room Tip: If you are going to stay here as a family, definitely get an upgrade to the suites, The studios suck...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Columbia, MD
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

Unfortunately, the facility had their pool and spa closed when we were there. It would have been nice to know in advance, but according to the front desk, they don't do that. They also didn't appreciate it when we refused to attend the sale pitch, so they actually took back the Welcome Package. We had stayed at this location three years in a row, but I think we'll find another location going forward. The rooms are okay, but the living room furniture isn't exceptionally comfortable. And during our stay, the TV cable system kept going out - again, something the front desk said they couldn't do anything about. This type of non-service certainly leaves a bad taste for ever returning.

Room Tip: If you want to use the pool or watch TV, get it in writing that their both operational before you bo...
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Washington, DC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2011

My family and I stayed at Westgate in August, 2011 on a weekend trip for my daughter's birthday. We had a 2-bedroom suite. The rooms were fairly small, with little to no closet space - probably due to the age of the Historic buildings. The living room area and kitchen were decently sized. i

Beginning with the positives - the location is great. It's close to several restaurants (both chains and local ones) and is also convenient to Busch Gardens & the outlets.

I was disappointed with the look and feel of the suite...from the broken tiles in the bathroom to the beds with mattresses that sunk in the middle and the terribly uncomfortable sofas in the living room. The place could use a real makeover using quality furnishings. Just because the hotel is historic doesn't mean that the place should look and feel historic too.

I was also disappointed with the lack of detergent for the washer and lotion complimentaries in the bathroom...these are typically standard at other Westgate locations.

Not sure if I'll stay here again since there are other properties that offer a better overall stay.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Historic Williamsburg, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Thank you for your feedback! We strive to make your vacation a memorable one. Please know that although you had some challenges during your stay, we are always looking to make our guests stay better. Please revisit us in the future to see how we are working hard to exceed your expectations.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011 via mobile

We our owners in RCI and Wyndam Resorts. We are accustomed to a 5 star resort. We were very pleased with the location, helpfulness, cleanness, etc.... of this resort. Had a great time.

• Stayed July 2011
Medford
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2011

WORST TIMESHARE I HAVE EVER STAYED AT!!! unless you like pee stayed saturated area rugs do not look underneath them! This resort allows dogs and it shows, the rooms are filled with dust and dirt from wall to wall cabinet to cabinet. our air did not work we had it set on 68 but all it did was run and jump from 73-78. the area rugs are saturated in spilled drinks and animal urine. as we saw when we looked under them. there was so much dirt that we had swept up (enough to fill a sand box). we demanded that it be removed as they did and were supposed to bring us a new one (took 3 days) my grandmother was napping rolled off the couch and ended up in urgent care center with a busted skin above lip needed glue a large skin tare a broken nose and 2 black eyes because she landed on her face (where the rug should have been). the (manager) on duty came up very unprofessional in jeans and a tee shirt not even wearing a name tag arguing with us. they brought us another rug which was just as disgusting as the first. and told us they are just spills the rug should not have been removed the first time. she told us "it could have stayed in the room for 8hours". our DVD player did not work took 2days to be replaced. the ceiling fans moved so much I thought they would fall down any minute. the appliances and cook wear where filthy and worn and outdated. the TV kept going out and had very little Channels. the dryer was a (ventless dryer) took over 2 hours for one load to dry. the side street entrance door never worked with anyone's room key (said was being fixed on Monday) never was. the walls and tables where covered with drink spills nicks and scratches. the couch how some type of large stain (maybe dog urine). the pool was filled daily with kids jumping yelling splashing and throwing toys ( how relaxing). and security in 7 days I did not see one security gaurd or car on property how safe. overall it was motel 6 quality and was disgusting to be called a (timeshare).! The pillows are also stained with yellow and brown markings from front to back. And don't think you will be able to complain to you "Personal concierge" because she assisted us to our room upon check in and that was the last time we ever heard from her. The costumer service here is very poor and they only care about themselves.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Slidell, LA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2011

We happened to pick the Westgate because it was convenient, had suites available and is pet friendly. I have stayed in hotels throughout the country, in Paris and in London and this property was one of the best values I've encountered. We had a 2 bedroom suite, which worked perfectly for us. I would recommend this hotel to my family and friends. My only complaint would be the charge for Internet access. The cheap fleabag motels offer wi-fi at no charge -- why can't the better hotels (yes, I'm talking to you, too, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott and Disney) also offer it free?

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family

Been to Westgate Historic Williamsburg? Share your experiences!