We had friends taking advantage of a Colonial Williamsburg package so we booked the same hotel to be in the same location.
While this is clearly an older hotel, it is well maintained and within an easy walk to the Historic District on the Merchant's Square side. I was SO happy that I didn't have to deal with parking and shuttle buses from the Visitor's Center.
Of course no hotel is perfect and this one was no exception. The rooms were small. As two adults, we felt cramped but ok. I have no idea how a family with kids and suitcases fit in one of these rooms -- but there were kids everywhere so they were coping somehow. (Note the rooms were well soundproofed and you never heard kids running around.) Breakfast was the disappointment in several ways. First, Colonial Williamsburg sells this WONDERFUL gingerbread in the Bakery -- but it wasn't offered with the free continental breakfast nor could I buy it at the hotel. Second, was the rubbery hardboiled eggs (which I didn't think was possible) served still in the shell so you had to deal with trying to peel the eggs. Finally, the space was simply too small for the number of guest trying to eat breakfast.
If I stay here again (which is likely given the location), I'll skip breakfast at the hotel and head straight for the Bakery.
- Also Known As:
- Governor`s Inn - Colonial Williamsburg Hotel
- Governor`s Inn - Colonial Williamsburg Hotel Williamsburg
- Governors Hotel Williamsburg
- Governors Inn Williamsburg
- Governor Inn Williamsburg
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An official Colonial Williamsburg Hotel. Family-oriented Low-rise Motor Inn located downtown, 3 blocks from restored area & College of William & Mary. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Agoda and Fareportal so you can book your Governor's Inn - Colonial Williamsburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.