My wife has had Colonial Williamsburg on her "bucket list" for a long time, so when the opportunity came up, we took the plunge. We only had 48 hours to plan the trip so we started at the Colonial Williamsburg (CW) site. The Governor's Inn is the "bargain" hotel of the various CW affiliated hotels, it is within walking distance to the historical area, a 4-nite stay gave us free "length of stay" passes to the historical area, and it had good TripAdvisor reviews. We have been very happy with the choice. So happy, in fact, we "re-upped" for 2 additional nights. It truly is within walking distance of the historical area (we are in our 60s) and we walked back and forth every time we visited the historical area or Merchant's Square. It was in a good location for our day trips to Yorktown and Jamestown, as well off to Norfolk & Virginia Beach & Richmond). The breakfast was a good start to the day. The room itself is that of a typical two-story hotel facility with nice rooms and the bedbug registry gave it a clean bill of health. If you're worried about train noise (a single track line runs to the south of the hotel), you can ask for a room in a building further from the track. We heard no trains during our entire stay. We would definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An official Colonial Williamsburg Hotel. Family-oriented Low-rise Motor Inn located downtown, 3 blocks from restored area & College of William & Mary. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity and Venere so you can book your Governor's Inn - Colonial Williamsburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Governor`s Inn - Colonial Williamsburg Hotel Williamsburg
- Governors Hotel Williamsburg
- Governor Inn Williamsburg