My wife has had Colonial Williamsburg on her "bucket list" for a long time, so when the opportunity came up, we took the plunge. We only had 48 hours to plan the trip so we started at the Colonial Williamsburg (CW) site. The Governor's Inn is the "bargain" hotel of the various CW affiliated hotels, it is within walking distance to the historical area, a 4-nite stay gave us free "length of stay" passes to the historical area, and it had good TripAdvisor reviews. We have been very happy with the choice. So happy, in fact, we "re-upped" for 2 additional nights. It truly is within walking distance of the historical area (we are in our 60s) and we walked back and forth every time we visited the historical area or Merchant's Square. It was in a good location for our day trips to Yorktown and Jamestown, as well off to Norfolk & Virginia Beach & Richmond). The breakfast was a good start to the day. The room itself is that of a typical two-story hotel facility with nice rooms and the bedbug registry gave it a clean bill of health. If you're worried about train noise (a single track line runs to the south of the hotel), you can ask for a room in a building further from the track. We heard no trains during our entire stay. We would definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An official Colonial Williamsburg Hotel, the Governor's Inn is a low-rise motor inn located in the heart of Williamsburg, just 3 blocks from the restored area, Merchant's Square shopping district, the College of William & Mary, and a short ride from Revolutionary City. It offers comfortable, economy accommodations and features an outdoor family-style pool, complimentary continental breakfast, free Wi-Fi, a business center, and discounted admission tickets to programs and events in the historic area. Guests at the Governor's Inn have access to unlimited use of our shuttle buses which run at regularly scheduled intervals from the Visitors Center (near the Woodlands Hotel & Suites) and operate throughout the historic area. Travel info: easy access to I-64; 20 minutes to Williamsburg/Newport News International airport; 5 minutes to Amtrak train station ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Governor's Inn - Colonial Williamsburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Governor`s Inn - Colonial Williamsburg Hotel Williamsburg
- Governors Hotel Williamsburg
- Governor Inn Williamsburg